Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

power windows rattle

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 08:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power windows rattle

this morning I rolled dwn my windows toget some fresh air and after i was done (because it was cold) i rolled it back up, half way to the top the window starts rattling. its a 98 ex coupe so its powered. What might cause it to rattle.

and when it gets to the top it usualy stop even when its all the way up,my window is up but it sounds like t struggling to get higher.

thanks do reading my post''

-beebee
Old 10-20-2006, 02:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: power windows rattle (beebeecivic)

bump bump anyone?
Old 10-20-2006, 04:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

there are these lil guiding things for your window that u may need to adjust..... pull out ur door panel should be at the top...........
Old 10-20-2006, 04:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (deadline)

I will do that tomorw. Thanks tho. When its all the way up, itll try to go on farther.
Old 10-20-2006, 06:28 PM

Default Re: (beebeecivic)

Mine did that and I ignored it, turned out that the screws holding the glass to the part that raises the window up had come loose. One eventually fell out and my window got all screwed up. Take your door pannel off and look and make sure every thing is tight.
Old 10-20-2006, 07:24 PM
DFW
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (stock_honda_coupe)

It's most likely going off track or already is. Just readjust it.
Old 10-20-2006, 09:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks a lot guys, imma go do that in the morning

-beebee
Old 10-26-2006, 02:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Alright so today I had some time in my hands soo I took a look at the windows. The windows functions but once it hits the top the window wont close all the way or stop. It would try to push itself and make a thumping noise. and as for the rails, it looks like its in the right place.
Old 10-26-2006, 03:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

its the regulator the teeth on the regulator is worn down so the motor has no grip trying to close it check it out..
Old 10-26-2006, 03:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dubzxallxstar)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dubzxallxstar &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">its the regulator the teeth on the regulator is worn down so the motor has no grip trying to close it check it out.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

that makes a lot of sense now, thanks!

I am going to the junk yard sometime to pick one up

thanks again.
Old 10-26-2006, 06:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i had the same problem... it was on the driver side....it so embarrassing it goes down ......but trying to bring it up i had to pull the window back up.....and use the window switch at the same time.....struggle with it for 4 months......
Old 10-26-2006, 06:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dubzxallxstar &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i had the same problem... it was on the driver side....it so embarrassing it goes down ......but trying to bring it up i had to pull the window back up.....and use the window switch at the same time.....struggle with it for 4 months......</TD></TR></TABLE>

haha its on the DRIVER SIDE ALSO!!! ahhaha

How much do they run for?
Old 10-26-2006, 08:44 PM

something very similar happened to me on tuesday morning. my window still functions like normal except when rolling it up. when it reaches the top (where it should make a good seal), it rattles and doesn't stop like normal when shut. it is this awful, machine gun-like sound. its also on the drivers side window. i figure it cant be anything too major since it still functions.

anyone have any insight? specifically, anyone have any tips on taking the door panels off? thanks!

edit: search is my friend

» Search Results

Your search for removing door panel returned 30 results.
Old 10-26-2006, 08:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: power windows rattle (digglah)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by digglah &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">something very similar happened to me on tuesday morning. my window still functions like normal except when rolling it up. when it reaches the top (where it should make a good seal), it rattles and doesn't stop like normal when shut. it is this awful, machine gun-like sound. its also on the drivers side window. i figure it cant be anything too major since it still functions.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

thats exaclty what is going on wit me ALSO! its like struggling to keep on going higher rite?
Old 10-28-2006, 09:05 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by beebeecivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thats exaclty what is going on wit me ALSO! its like struggling to keep on going higher rite?</TD></TR></TABLE>

well sort of. it functions like normal going up and down EXCEPT for when it reaches the top to the fully closed position. instead of getting a good seal and ceasing to move, it rattles like a machine gun when it is 99.5% shut. i donno. im still a little hesitant to tear apart my door.
Old 10-28-2006, 09:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: power windows rattle (digglah)

I tore it open and it was tricky to get the panels back on.
Old 10-28-2006, 11:09 PM

you weren't able to solve the problem when you had it apart?
Old 10-28-2006, 11:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

When I took it apart, it had this plastic wrap, I did not had time to rip the plastic apart.. I thought it was a quick job but it was more complicated than that. So I jus put the panels back on. All I saw were a big o' gear and a motor. Like dub said its the teeth that has no grip and it did kind of look like it was worn down but who knows, ill take another look when im not busy
Old 10-29-2006, 09:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

sorry for the late response....it cost 50 buck from the junk yard prices varies...depending who u get it from....dont buy the motor that comes with the regulator.....cuz ur motor still works that why u hear that machine gun noise.....tryin to raise the window up.....its acutally a no brainer just a lot of disconnecting to do....the plastic that cover the side of the door, u can peel it off the blk rubber or cut it out......i didnt care so i just cut it...... there should be 3 screw position in a triangle two at the bottom and one in the center....u have to adjust the window going up and down to a certain point where u can release the glass... cuz theres these two thing thats holding it in place....once u un screw it u can pull the glass thru the opening of the window....after u done that u can start unhookin the connection to the motor and other attachment that connected to it....when u get new regulator be sure to clean it with wd- 40 and and get all the gunk and dirt of it....be sure to grease up the new regulator.......with some litium grease.....the window gonna go up and down so fast u think its a new door.....hope this will help laterz.....
Old 10-29-2006, 10:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Dub you is awesome mAN! thanks . Ill prolly work on it when I have a day off or no schoool