Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Power Steering Removal Quick Question. (CIVIC 96 EX)

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 11:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Steering Removal Quick Question. (CIVIC 96 EX)

I am having a issue figuring out how and where to loop my power steering. I am not going down to the rack and looping it there, there is simply no room and I just want a simple solution.

The rubber hose that connects to a metal adapter which then turns into a metal line that goes into the power steering pump; before the metal adapter can I chop the rubber hose and then connect the rubber hose from the resevior to where I chopped it and clamp the two ends?

Should I chop that line that goes into the power steering pump further down by the sensor. There is this sensor by the oil filter that is on this rubber hose, does it do anything? I followed the wires from the sensor with my fingers and it stopped around the underside of the intake manifold, anyone kno what this thing does? After the sensor the rubber hose turns to a small metal line, if the sensor is not needed should I slice the metal line and run a hose from there to the resevior given I buy a long hose that can connect the two ends?

I SEARCHED EVERY PS THREAD. This is a question that cannot be applied to integra racks, because the lines are diffrent!
Old 01-03-2006, 09:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Power Steering Removal Quick Question. (Swags04)

Old 01-03-2006, 09:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Znypar)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Znypar &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">'hey, i know, lets make it hard to steer and less attractive when i try to sell it! lets remove power steering! it'll give me 2 more whp and ill go .0003 secs faster! oooh oooh and maybe my muscles will get big!'
k enough ranting from me

someone help this guy</TD></TR></TABLE>no need to be an *******.
Old 01-03-2006, 10:16 AM
Louie_EM1

Default Re: Power Steering Removal Quick Question. (Swags04)

Ok you don't want to loop it at the rack, that's fine.
What you do it just follow the two lines and loop it where it's comfortable to you. Just think of one being the feed and one return.
Personally I looped mine when the motor was out at the rack, and I know it can be crowded down there. But if I recall you could just lift the car, take your wheel off and pull the two lines off the rack, cut one for about 6 inches and then loop/install it.

I know this doesn't really answer your question, as I am having a hard time visualizing what you're saying for the sake of me not having seen a motor in nearly 2 years. But it's just 2 rubber lines turning into a bunch of PS stuff, aculator/metal lines/pump/reservoir ect..