Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

power door locks in 99 civic hb

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 10:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power door locks in 99 civic hb

i got complete door off a 99 civic ex and i also got the floor harness now windows work mirrors work but the door lock dont. does anyone know how to wire them in?

thanks in advance
Old 04-19-2009, 03:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: power door locks in 99 civic hb

You need the box that controls the power locks.
Old 04-25-2009, 04:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Can anyone provide more information on how to get the power doors to work in a car not equipped from the factory?

I have the doors installed with working windows and mirrors, but no locks. Looking under the dash of an Si, there are plugs that I do not have in my hatchback. Is it possible to get the lock function without adding the dash harness?
Old 04-25-2009, 05:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The box you are referring to is called a fuseable link. You can get the honda one if you can find one, or you can get a universal one at radio shack or some kind of electronic store. It should have four male connectors on it two of those connectors connect via male connectors into female connectors located at the back(or top) of the indash fuse box. If you have a buddy w/ an ex check is indash fuse cover and look for two spots that have to do with the locks working. I did my power door/lock conversion over four years ago so it has been awhile. I was actually taking an elcetrician course at the time and me and my buddy from school got hold of a schematic and ended up recreating a harness from scratch(becasue the harness I got was so beat up). Never the less I hope some of this information is usefull. So just to recap You are going to need a fuseable link either honda or universal, then a schematic from an ex for the power locks and windows. Then if you want also look at the indash fuse diagram of an ex. I hope this helps!
Old 04-25-2009, 06:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

This is as close as I have come to the diagram. But its for the wrong year.
Attached Images  
Old 04-25-2009, 06:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Do you happen to know the part number for the OE part as I am unable to locate it on any of the Honda part websites like (www.hondapartsdeals.com)
Old 04-25-2009, 06:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Where is the OEM one located? This is the only thing not working on my pw/dl swap. Hey OP...how about that taking off the mid support frame huh? The PW/DL swap was harder than my B16B swap.
Old 04-25-2009, 08:15 PM

Ok first off I want to apologize. I used the wrong jargon. It wasn't a fusible link but a honda relay which you can use a honda one or a universal one(that was the box I was referring to. That box is located attatched to the harness which would be found in the door. Type this into ebay "JDM CR-X CRX Civic Power Window Kit! EF8 EF9 Panels" and look at this guys third picture down there is a picture of what I'm talking about (just cut and paste into the ebay search). Also if you are looking for the correct schematic I found it in the Haynes Reapair manual on page 12-37. I don't have a scanner so I am unable to post it on here. But if you are like me you have both the haynes and chilton manuals(maybe) I hope this shines some light on the situation.

Also on the shcematic there is the power dooor lock control unit. I was unable to find any photos but that is what a majority of your wires off the harness must go into.

Last edited by rollhondahard; 04-25-2009 at 08:24 PM.
Old 05-05-2009, 07:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I found the "Power Door Lock Control Unit" information on page 23-256 of the Factory service manual. Can anyone PLEASE find me the part number for it? I am unable to locate it anywhere. Found in pictures below. All power door models (99-00) use same door harness. I hope that adding this Control Unit will allow my power doors to operate.

Old 05-06-2009, 07:42 PM

Did you try going to your nearest honda dealership? they're catalog has just as detailed photos if not better. If you can point out the part nine times out of ten they can find you a part number, unless you have to order a certain section or group of parts to get that part. But it's worth a try. Nice work finding a picture of the part and posting it! If all else fails hit the junkyard.