Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

PLEASE HELP! problems with z6 intake manifold and b18 TB swap on auto d16y7

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 03:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLEASE HELP! problems with z6 intake manifold and b18 TB swap on auto d16y7

ok so i swapped my intake manifold on my auto d16y7 over to a z6 manifold that i bored at my shop to 64mm, i wasn't sure where all the coolant and vacuum hoses were supposed to be routed to but i got it running with the coolant routed to the sensor or sylenoid on the back of the z6 manifold where they seemed to fit then i connected the evap canister to the its sensor/sylenoid then routed that to the back air nipple on the iac sensor on the TB, i plugged the other iac nipple as well as the iac hole on the back of the manifold and the cruise control nipple next to it and the line coming from the head i connected to the bung on my cai.

after this the car ran fine, idled, drove etc. only problems were the cel came on and ithe car had idle issues above 6500 in 3rd it hesitated and slightly dropped then in 4th it hits about 4500-5000 and wont rev any higher.

the cel code was p0441 which the guy's book at auto zone said could be gas cap left off... NO, some sort of fuel system malfunction... maybe, he asked if i fueled the car while the engine was on... NO, or a minor vacuum leak... dont think so since caar stalls when TB is covered, or it could be the evap canister which I'm not sure where to connect to,

an obd2 code list i have lists P0441 as 92 Evaporative Emission Control System Improper Purge Flow. so he turned the light off and i bought some rubber plugs and caps and did a slightly better job sealing the back of the manifold,
i made a video of the issue with my revs in 3rd and 4th gear, this time i got to 105mph before i ran out of revs at under 5k in 4th is that the speed limiter or something? if so why does it happen when it goes into 4th at lower speeds>?

Here's the video of what happens with my rpm's dont mind the music and theres a 240sx vs stang gt race that gets in the way at 1st but the hatch makes short work of them so you can skip that part if you want:
http://gallery.thevboard.com/s...e.WMV

today trying to fix my evap problem i decided to swap the TB to the b18 TB i had machined to 64mm so i left the iac connected and hanging as others have suggested doing when swapping the TB on an auto d16y7/8 and hooked up the evap line to the sylenoid on the bottom of the TB and plugged the other hole, now since the TB was dissasembled the spring under the tps might be out of position or the butterfly might be sticking i guess

Now when i turn the car on it revs up to 3000 then falls to between 1000-1500 and then bounces between there and 2500-3000 every few seconds
tps and idle screw adjustment seem to have no effect, nor does turning on the ac

Questions:
Is the idle problem from the detached iac or a misassembled TB or is it a obd1-obd2 TB issue?

why wouldnt the car rev up in 4th?

where does the evap canister hose line go?

what do the sylenoids on the back of the z6 manifold and on the b18 tb do?

is this how you spell Sylenoid?

Has any one successfully put a different TB or a z6 manifold on an auto d16y7?

HELP PLEASE!!!!

Modified by sick hatch at 4:33 AM 8/26/2005
Old 08-26-2005, 03:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: PLEASE HELP! problems with z6 intake manifold and b18 TB swap on auto d16y7 (sick hatch)

bump for help?
Old 08-26-2005, 03:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is a typical system of a bad Idle Air control valve. its located on the backside of the intake manifold with a big black cylinder. It has 2 coolant hoses going to it.

If you are looking at the engine. you shouldnt see the hoses. but the hose on the right gets coolant directly from the block. then the hose to the left goes to the TB. then the TB out to the engine thats how the hoses are susppose to be ran.