Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Please help with Auto to manual motor wont start

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 11:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help with Auto to manual motor wont start

Ok, I have a Canadian 93 hatchback dx which was automatic with a stock d15b7. I swapped that engine out for a 95 ls obd1. everything is installed already ( clutch pedal with clutch master cylinder and new clutch line, shift linkage, shifter and welded metal to seal the holes correctly,auto to manual tranny mount). engine is in. when I turn the key the dash turns on with no problem just like before but when I hit it to crank up, all it does is a click on the fuse box. My friend old me it might be a ground missing but i replaced all with new ones last night and still same thing.

1. I switched all grounds with new ones ( tranny, valve cover, battery).

2 the ls obd1 engine harness has a map sensor plug and also the cars harness has that plug too. I have tried with both and still same issue.

3. I'm not sure if there's anything to be done to the plugs that go connected to the automatic shifter but all I did was tuck them and tape them to the firewall around the heater core.

Any help is defenetly appreciated.
Old 09-20-2009, 11:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Please help with Auto to manual motor wont start

Just because dash lights turn on, doesnt mean your battery is charged. Turn your headlight on see if they light up good. and let me know.

If lights work, answer these questions:

Does the starter have power?
Is does your motor turn over if you turn it manually?
Old 09-20-2009, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by N3DRO
Ok, I have a Canadian 93 hatchback dx which was automatic with a stock d15b7. I swapped that engine out for a 95 ls obd1. everything is installed already ( clutch pedal with clutch master cylinder and new clutch line, shift linkage, shifter and welded metal to seal the holes correctly,auto to manual tranny mount). engine is in. when I turn the key the dash turns on with no problem just like before but when I hit it to crank up, all it does is a click on the fuse box. My friend old me it might be a ground missing but i replaced all with new ones last night and still same thing.

1. I switched all grounds with new ones ( tranny, valve cover, battery).

2 the ls obd1 engine harness has a map sensor plug and also the cars harness has that plug too. I have tried with both and still same issue.

3. I'm not sure if there's anything to be done to the plugs that go connected to the automatic shifter but all I did was tuck them and tape them to the firewall around the heater core.

Any help is defenetly appreciated.
I belive you need to jumper the neutal safety swith by the shifter. i think i saw it in a diy.
Old 09-20-2009, 03:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanx for the help, I just got back inside from my garage. The car did turn on finally and yeah it was a wiring issue with the automatic shifter plug from the car harness to the automatic shifter. There is I think 2 yellow wires that needs to be connected together and then there a fat cable from the main plug that I did a cut off switch with.