Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

PLEASE HELP***How to tell if you head is plugged from ls vtec while heads on motor

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2019, 06:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLEASE HELP***How to tell if you head is plugged from ls vtec while heads on motor

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!! So I had a shop build my gsr for turbo and they had a gsr head with all Brian crower parts in it springs retainers etc etc so I traded my head an cash for there head an it was put on my block. Long story short tried everything an still no vtec. Was thinking a pins missing then a friend mentioned that it could of been used for lsvtec before I bought it. So the bottom might be plugged an thats why no vtec.when we first fired it up it pissed oil out of the plug hole on the back left of the head where ppl run oil lines to the block for lsv so obiv we plugged it but it just dawned on me maybe this is why there no vtec. Is there any way to check of its plugged with out taking the head off?? Please someone u would save me such a hassle. Thanks
Old 05-03-2019, 08:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 797 Likes on 737 Posts
Default Re: PLEASE HELP***How to tell if you head is plugged from ls vtec while heads on moto

Run an external oil line like your block is a non-vtec block using the hole that you blocked off when you first fired it up. If you have VTEC, then the port in the head is blocked off. If you still don't have it, it is something else and the port is open.
Old 05-04-2019, 04:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: PLEASE HELP***How to tell if you head is plugged from ls vtec while heads on moto

Originally Posted by JRCivic1
Run an external oil line like your block is a non-vtec block using the hole that you blocked off when you first fired it up. If you have VTEC, then the port in the head is blocked off. If you still don't have it, it is something else and the port is open.
Thank you bro