Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Ok guys, I need your help!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2004, 09:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ok guys, I need your help!!

I have a d16y8 that I just swapped into my del sol. It has a act lightened flywheel, a centerforce clutch, aem fuel rail, b & m adjustable fuel pressure regulator, and a k&n intake, and all msd ignition, and a dry zex nitrous system.
Now that is out of the way, on to my question, since I already have all that, I am thinking 1.is my next best move a cam?? 2.I think I want a zex street/strip cam??? 3.What modifications or changes do I have to do when I install a cam like that??? 4.Should I do any other performance parts first????

PLEASE HELP ALL YOU SMART HONDA GUYS!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-06-2004, 09:46 PM

Default Re: Ok guys, I need your help!! (BLiTZ BLuE CiViC)

bump for the night
Old 05-06-2004, 09:47 PM
Risky Business

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

Why the hell did you bump the thread 10 minutes after you started it?

Its a stupid topic anyway...but i'm in a good mood. Someone please answer this kids questions.
Old 05-06-2004, 09:55 PM
Trial User

Default Re: Ok guys, I need your help!! (BauleyCivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BauleyCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Why the hell did you bump the thread 10 minutes after you started it?

Its a stupid topic anyway...but i'm in a good mood. Someone please answer this kids questions.</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol. You can do a cam if you want, but there was no point of making a thread about it. Not to be rude. But theres already information about this certain cam I'm sure.
Old 05-06-2004, 09:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BLiTZ BLuE CiViC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> 1.is my next best move a cam?? Yes a cam is a wise choice a single cam</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BLiTZ BLuE CiViC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> 2.I think I want a zex street/strip cam??? I don't know anything about that cam do you have any specs on it? lift duration blah blah blah</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BLiTZ BLuE CiViC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> 3.What modifications or changes do I have to do when I install a cam like that??? It is always a good idea to install valvesprings and retainers when you do a cam install, also don't forget about doing a valve adjustment after youd done </TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BLiTZ BLuE CiViC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">4.Should I do any other performance parts first???? Yes i would switch to a wet system you won't get the optimal power out of a dry system you can out of a wet system</TD></TR></TABLE>

Here is an example of the best (IMO) nitrous system you can put in a car. This is my old setup/intake mani

A direct port system does not cost as much as people think it does and is fairly easy to insall just need to be handy w/ a drill and tap. If money isn't the biggest issue for you i would also buy a Skunk2 Intake mani and have the T/B bored out to match the mani then install the DP so there is no down time just install it all at once.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BauleyCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">but i'm in a good mood. Someone please answer this kids questions.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Wow you must be in a good mood this thread would normally be locked down in about 2 min after being posted.
Old 05-06-2004, 09:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=335078
Old 05-06-2004, 10:03 PM
Trial User

Default Re: Ok guys, I need your help!! (99blackcivicSi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 99blackcivicSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"></TD></TR></TABLE>

Simple noobie question. But this picture is showing or means that the nitrous is being sprayed directly into the manifold?

Old 05-06-2004, 10:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Ok guys, I need your help!! (iluvGiRls)

Yes directly into the runners pointed to the chamber. That was my first kit i ever installed (3 years ago) that is why it is kinda messy but it worked.
Old 05-06-2004, 10:21 PM
Trial User

Default Re: Ok guys, I need your help!! (99blackcivicSi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 99blackcivicSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yes directly into the runners pointed to the chamber. That was my first kit i ever installed (3 years ago) that is why it is kinda messy but it worked.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ok thanks for the answer. Had an idea but didn't actually know.
Old 05-07-2004, 12:07 AM
In The Garage

get the zex 59300 cam, get a good adjustable cam gear, get a VAFC, get dual valvesprings, titanium retainers, do a valve adjustment, and dyno tune that biotch