Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

oil fillter is empty when changed

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 02:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil fillter is empty when changed

ok i by now means no any thing about engines that much and i did do a search but i didnt feel like sifting through pages of ppl b!#(&ing about witch oil filters are better and if ppl like me did write in here you wouldnt have anything to talk/compliane about so my oil filter is completly emptey when i change the oil why is this is it not pumping the oil right and is this a serious prob ne help would be great thanks
Old 11-29-2005, 02:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: oil fillter is empty when changed (Asway)

yes, that is a serious problem. As to why there isn't oil in it may be hard to explain.

Does the low oil light come on?

And just to be sure, your talking about the USED filter right? Cause the new one will be empty...lol
Old 11-29-2005, 02:18 PM

well do u check the oil before u drain it? you could be low, your oil pump might be bad
Old 11-29-2005, 02:26 PM

thanks for the replys yes its the old filter iam talkin about the oil is always at the right level the check oil or engine light does not come on but the engines still runs fine and has all the power it ever has wich for a civic aint a whole lot but you get the point
Old 11-29-2005, 02:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Asway &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thanks for the replys yes its the old filter iam talkin about the oil is always at the right level the check oil or engine light does not come on but the engines still runs fine and has all the power it ever has wich for a civic aint a whole lot but you get the point </TD></TR></TABLE>

What kinda of filters are you using? Some have a valve that stops the oil from draining back into the engine after shutting off, and some cheaper ones don't. If it's a cheap filter then the oil is probably just draining back into the block. Not THAT big of a deal IMO
Old 11-29-2005, 02:45 PM

Default Re: oil fillter is empty when changed (nonsense)

iam using some cheap fram filters but there has always been oil that spilled out when i take the old filter off. There is none now you can not get a single drope to come out if you life depended on it this has only happend for the last two changes and the old filter wieghs a little more then a fresh one like the paper filter core is just slitly miost with oil.