Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

OBD I Trouble Code Helps

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 03:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OBD I Trouble Code Helps

Got my engine running OBD1 P30 ecu. 1991 Xsi engine. Having blinking. 3 lights. 4 lights, 9 lights

map , map, Number one Cyl Position.

How do i fix these?

Timed correctly.

Adjusted TPS. Not sure what i have to do next

i get like 3 blinks than 4 blinks than 8 or 9 so somethings up and engine runs. I get some cut out at high rpm. Looking to get imput on tune Manual i have is shoddy and indescript.

Glad i got engine running. Timing belt is ok. All timed. Just some cut out at high rpm when vtec engages looking to get full tune power asap.
Old 01-23-2010, 08:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: OBD I Trouble Code Helps

Well if the light stays on for a second then that means it's a 10 and short blinks r a 1, so if it's on for a second then blinks fast 4 times then it is a code 14. U may want to recheck the codes also if the light stays out for 2 seconds it is starting the next code.
Old 01-24-2010, 05:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

hey thanks, I am pretty sure its 3,4,9

WAS having trouble with MAP sensor I am using the original one from D 15 engine. Was existant so i used it. I do have the Original MAP for the B16. Wondering if i need to incorperate it some how. I would assume if i am getting a 3-4 blinks its map related. Should i try switchingout.

Need b16 Vac schematics. also having problem with #1 piston cylinder and crank sensor?
where are these and how do i fix.
Old 01-24-2010, 08:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Did you do any wiring around the dizzy? Number one cylinder position is in the dizzy and its attached wiring. You could try the other Map, I would check for voltage at the MAP plug first. What are the odds that your D15 MAP worked just fine until ur swap then wennt bad at the exact time of the swap.
Old 01-24-2010, 08:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Not really knowing anything about the Map or w.e I assume it would be a vaccume leak or something related. I dont know what the map does. I have to check the codes again . Make sure i know for sure what it is not mistaken these blinks for 10 or just one.

Wiring was done by "pro" so assuring it was correct..

I do not know what a Dizzy is. Dist? I purchased New Dist. And was not happy with quality. The part that was initally busted was diffrent looking than what i had. There was some play in the end of the dist thing... Not
Old 01-24-2010, 09:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Was checking codes wrong. have checked again got code 15.

Code 9 is my Primary concern now. Need to rectify this issue.

Got code 15 to stop blinking Need proper reset procedure on ECU

Code 9 is my problem Want to reset, and see what i get. Than if not i need to know what to do and why crank isnt aligned correctly
Old 01-24-2010, 12:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

To restet the ecu either pull the + (positive) cable off the battery and touch it to the ground cable for a second and let sit disconnected for a minute (best way) or pull the 2 fuses (a 7.5 and a 15 amp) from the fuse box by the battery and let sit for a minute. The crank angle sensor is in the dizzy (distributor) and u can use the one from ur stock dizzy if u feel comfortable in taking the dizzy all apart to swap them out. Odds r that u just have a bad connection or broken wire tho.
Old 01-24-2010, 01:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok so i now know a bit more about my issue. My distrib. I purchased is junk. The thing had alot of play on the end. Need a better dist. Was told that the optical sensor is getting flodded with oil and isnt working correctly. Code 9 is the only code i am getting. The code 15 went out after i attempted to reset. I just pulled the plugs out of the ecu. Than my brother looked it up Real quick and we pulled the fuse and neg terminal. Still a signal 9. There is some o ring in the dist and its not sealing. The sensor is getting filled with oil. Some valve float i can hear. I think i need the valves adjusted. The cyl dont kno where to be and will bend break or snap the engine will interfere. The color of the wires are white and orange

I do have a weird connection to the harness plugs i had some trouble getting the Green wire in b12 site in correctly. I dont know if this would be a big issue but it seems to be running... SO... Not sure what Exactly is up
Old 01-24-2010, 02:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

to read the code.. the long blinks are the first number and the quick blinks are the 2nd number or any code 9 and under... like if it was a knock sensor it will have 4 long blinks and 3 short blinks. etc.

i believe code 9 deals with the dizzy.. just borrow a friends and test it if you can.. if not i suggest you buy a new one.

to reset OBD1 cars check engine light just simply disconnect either +/- battery terminal for about 10mins.. that always did the trick for me.. but OBD2 needs the code readers, no ands if's or buts

hope i helped..