Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

New member needs advice.

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 08:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member needs advice.

Hey guys i just bought a 1994 eg hatch with jdm h22a and lsd tranny.

Its running a p78 computer and tuned by chrome but the car idles funny and at around 4200rpms it breaks up a bit until 5000 rpms then screams.

It has a fujita short ram, rmf header, cometic head gasket, brian crower stage 2 cams, msd 6 al, 2 step module, 78mm throttle body, 450cc rc injectors, port and polished head, adjustable cam gears, pullies, comp clutch stage 5 sprung with fidanza balance shaft eliminator kit( professionally installed when built).

Any thoughts as to why it might be cutting timing or something at 4k rpms?

I only bought the car to drive while i build my m3. I really dont know to much about hondas obviously but want to learn.

the precious owner said it was tuned using crome but needs to be put on the dyno to get it tuned better.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:55 AM

Default Re: New member needs advice.

Have your MSD checked and coil. I've found most problems with rough idle and rpm cut out are caused by something in the spark system. Hence Msd and coil.
Hope this helps,

Draven,
Old 04-28-2009, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Dravenm4
Have your MSD checked and coil. I've found most problems with rough idle and rpm cut out are caused by something in the spark system. Hence Msd and coil.
Hope this helps,

Draven,
Thanks. what am i looking for?, i checked the wiring and all looks good. The coil is a blaster coil and looks brand new.....

The wires look brand new no arcing i can see.

I feel like such a newb on this forum lol.

The car does this at those rpm's even when im not WOT any time i get to 4200 rpm the car struggles to get past it and definatley seems like its a timing/spark cut. i dont think its fuel.

Old 04-28-2009, 09:39 AM

I would check the Dizzy and see how the wired the MSD ingnition in under the cap. Make sure they are not frayed and no wire or metal from the terminals are touching each other or grounding against the dizzy shell. Also now that i re-read your post I would try having the 2 step disabled to see if the problem stops. Unfortunatly there is now easy answer when it comes to electrical, the simplest thing can cause little problems to big problems like yours. I will say my buddy has an '00 Si with just about the same setup and we found the error to me metal shavings in the magnetic pickups inside the dizzy..

Keep me updated

Draven
Old 04-28-2009, 01:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i like your air horn lolz
Old 04-28-2009, 01:59 PM

thanks but i dont even know how to use them the horn doesnt work. It has a bride steering wheel with momo adapter....????

Also the car has a jdm M2B4 Lsd tranmission, and i think the only other problem i can find with the car is that the right axle makes a little noise turning hard left, The previous owner says i need to use an integra axle? is that correct?

I thought i would need to use a prelude tranny side with a regular hatch hub side?

god im a freaking newb....

thanks in advance guys.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hi im a new member as well trying to get the hang of the whole site just signed up today so i was wondering i have a noise coming from my 1994 gsr at 2500-3500 sounds like its a loose muffler but went to a shop and told me it wasnt it thanx