Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

NEW MAIN BEARING CAPS..NO COLOR CODES...HARD FINDING COLOR CODES FOR MY MOTOR...ONCE EVERYTHING IS T

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2005, 05:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW MAIN BEARING CAPS..NO COLOR CODES...HARD FINDING COLOR CODES FOR MY MOTOR...ONCE EVERYTHING IS T

NEW MAIN BEARING CAPS..NO COLOR CODES...HARD FINDING COLOR CODES FOR MY MOTOR...ONCE EVERYTHING IS TORQUED DOWN CRANK HARD TO TURN...SHOP ASKING CRAZY PRICE.....Please help me Im tired of assemblng and deassembling my motor....and Im sorry for cursing but Im pissed off...
Old 05-28-2005, 05:06 PM

Default Re: NEW MAIN BEARING CAPS..NO COLOR CODES...HARD FINDING COLOR CODES FOR MY MOTOR...ONCE EVERYTHING

lose the caps, and maybe someone would help ya out.....have you plastigauged the tolorances? what are they? obviously your tolerances are way too tight...
Old 05-28-2005, 05:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: NEW MAIN BEARING CAPS..NO COLOR CODES...HARD FINDING COLOR CODES FOR MY MOTOR...ONCE EVERYTHING

with oil pan off you should see a group of 5 letters... it will be something like CACCA for example... the first C will be the pulley end of the motor and the last A will be the flywheel end... then on the counter pad on the crank there will be a number next to the corresponding main cap... for example 33244 will be all 5... the first one (pulley side) will be to the right of the main cap on the crank counterpad... all the rest will be to the left of the cap on the crank counterpad... you use the letter (from block) and number (from crank) to find the corresponding bearing color code... so you will have something like C3, A3, C2, C4, A4... heres a list of the bearing codes and colors...

"A"
1= red
2= pink
3= yellow
4= green

"B"
1= pink
2= yellow
3= green
4= brown

"C"
1=yellow
2= green
3= brown
4= black

"D"
1= green
2= brown
3= black
4= blue

i know this is gonna be confusing as hell... if you have any more questions i will do my best to help... this is also assuming your crank has never been turned and is not damaged... good luck

Modified by neutron91 at 8:46 PM 5/28/2005
Old 05-28-2005, 05:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 96teggyls &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">lose the caps, and maybe someone would help ya out.....have you plastigauged the tolorances? what are they? obviously your tolerances are way too tight...</TD></TR></TABLE>

hopefully the piston/rod assembly is in the correct way also... if its backwards it will not turn