Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

New Clutch? B Series?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2004, 09:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Clutch? B Series?

Ok, first of all i have a 99 civic ex 4dr. i put a post on changing my clutch over this winter break. I asked how is the best way to take it off and teh first reply was "Dont put a clutch. Put a swap." i had no idea what that means. i know what a swap is but i wasnt clear on what 'swap' they wanted me to do. Then come along some ppl saying that i should do a 'b series swap' instead of replacing my clutch. first of all i dont know what a 'b series' is or what they were talking about.

then the next post on there said "The money you spend on a clutch (especially if aftermarket) is a big chunk of the price of a swap (bseries). Then you could sell your singlecam and get some more money back." im taking it that they means a b series motor?

if thats true how would that be cheaper than spending $186 on a cluth set?

Also i was wondering how long it would take someone that hasnt done their clutch b4? someone said 3 hours but with all i have to do, it doesnt seem possible to be able to do it in that short of time.

Modified by silentblackhat at 11:00 PM 11/18/2004
Old 11-18-2004, 09:24 PM

Default Re: New Clutch? B Series? (silentblackhat)

I can barely understand what you're trying to say. Also, it's very hard to answer anything without much background info. What car do you have, etc.
Old 11-18-2004, 10:02 PM

Default Re: New Clutch? B Series? (_Project EJOne)

if you want to do a swap yes then do it.. I don't see why you would have to pay $2500-3500 to replace a $400 part.. But if you wanted a swap down the line then why not do it now if you can afford it. "b series" would be your entire line of motors that have a B in the engine code... b16, b18c, b20.... If i were you I'd go with the b18c1... I think thats a good swap for a 4 door!
Old 11-18-2004, 10:08 PM
* B A N N E D *

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: New Clutch? B Series? (silentblackhat)

alright. lemme explain. these guys are *******. all of them. they yell ****, because they just want to. like they wanna swap motors. yea, id do it if i had the cash, but i don't. Maybe if you got a used tranny with a good clutch that might be the same price as a new clutch, but ****. Those guys are retarded. There just saying like "dude, get a better car and better stuff." generic complaints i guess. Hey man, don't reapholster that couch, get a new furniture set for the whole house, itll be better. See what I mean?

A B-series motor is a better motor than a D-Series, which is probably why they told you to do it (you have a D-series). You have to look at what you want done. if you want more power, and are gonna mod your engine anyways, insted of replace, upgrade. but you can improve a D series to better than a stock B series, with less money than a engine swap. But if you like your car as is, dont get a new ENGINE just cause the clutch is bad. Thats retarded. yea man, just get a B series, that will ALSO need a new clutch, problem not solved.
See the rationale of some of these people??
Old 11-18-2004, 10:10 PM

Default Re: New Clutch? B Series? (SiKid86)

yeah thanks, i get waht u mean, thats what i was thinking also about the clutch goin bad and replacing the motor? im not into mod-ing my car. i just wnat to keep whatever is in there. im just wanting to replace the clutch because it feels like it should be pretty soon. winter break in my longest break pretty soon that i would have time to do it(with dropping my trany and all).