Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Need Help On Motor Again

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 08:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help On Motor Again

Whats going on guys. I posted a while back asking for some race engine setups already made. Which case you guys gave me some really good points. Well since then. I ripped out the old motor which was a d15 and I basically have taken the car into pieces. I ripped out the interior and and most of the stuff in the engine bay to may it all clean and everything.

But now it comes down to the deciding factor of what to put in the car. As I stated before, I want something that I can build up and get some good gains out of. Preferably around 400 to 500hp or maybe even more later on down the road.

Now I've done some research and the cheapest and quickest route for me to go would be stickin witht he d-series. mods are fairly cheap so in case I break something ( which I know I will ) I can easily replace it. But what I havent seen too much of is figures that I want. I have yet to seen anything above 400hp. So which kinda worries me on that part.

Next part, goin b series. I know alot of you said do an ls turbo conversion. Something which I like alot of. But I dont know exactly what I want to go with. And I really havent talked to alot of people around here who have done that so I'm still kinda noobish on that matter. So guys, who have had this done or helped or even know someone who have. Please, help me out here and help me get a better understanding of all that is involved.

Guys, like always. Your advice and everything is much appreciated. Thanks guys.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:25 PM

oh, and to let you guys know. I have a 93 honda del sol. to help you guys get a better idea of what im dealing with. Thanks Guys.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:22 PM

:: HELP ME OUT HERE GUYS!
Old 07-18-2007, 01:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Greedy Twinkie)

ok I'll chime in since noone else wants to...first question always is...what is your budget?...that HP goal is kinda big for a street-driven honda, but it can be done...I would suggest getting a b18c1 swap and turbo it. Make sure you have REALLY deep pockets...and buy quality parts, piece that turbo together yourself, not a kit, get a good tuning program (like CROME) and do lots of research I have a del Sol too, I would start upgrading your brakes and suspension first before messin with the motor (especially the S model)