Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

need advise first turbo gsr

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 09:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default need advise first turbo gsr

I have a bone stock b18c1 with 255walbro, 550cc injectors, aem fuel rail, etc upgraded fuel everything else, sc61 with inline pro manifold tial wastegate, holly tb, skunk 2 manifold, 3 inch downpipe, 2.5 inch dumped exhaust, endyne pcv breather kit, no cat, running 9lbs last tuned by tony at t1, engine was in another car at the time, made 295whp

Now what i need help on is, i have another tune date with t1, i want to run 12lbs of boost, but since the swap has been transferd from another vehicle, and many problems being fixed after the tune, the car seems to run not as strong, still boosting at 9psi, it does have a fairly decent size leak at the tb gasket which i found today by smoking the intake, i will be fixing that tommorow and hope the power comes back.

I have 500$ to spend before the tune date, but i really am leaning towards canceling my date, and putting the money needed for the tune to doing more preparation work, and i need to do it soon, even though its not till oct 4th

Im need to know what a stock gsr needs if anything to run 12psi safely dd, i do not have arp headstuds yet, and was told that unless i boosted more than 12 psi i wouldnt need to worry about it, so another question what headgasket should i use if i do i do need headstuds,

I also need to put a high flow cat on the car, due to inspection getting close, and i was really hoping to have a custom 3 inch exhaust run from the downpipe back, with a high flow cat, and bullet style muffler

i just need opinions from other experienced gsr turbo builders, what did you do and or didnt do that you would change remember i have 500 to spend, but i will be spending 500 more in 3 months, if i do not do the tune now i will do it then