Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

NA/super charger/turbo some on help me out im confused let me know some advanteges and disadvantegs

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2005, 11:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NA/super charger/turbo some on help me out im confused let me know some advanteges and disadvantegs

im confused on what i want to do next turbo/Na/Superchareger
could someone tell me the ups and downs and what they would sugest for my b16a2
Old 07-02-2005, 12:10 AM

Default Re: NA/super charger/turbo some on help me out im confused let me know some advanteges and disadvant

throw up some more info, what do you want to do with it, what 1/4 time is your goal, daily driver, etc???
Old 07-02-2005, 12:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: NA/super charger/turbo some on help me out im confused let me know some advanteges and disadvant

N/A- not worth it on a b16 unless its a 2000 or lighter car

SC- good for instant power but limited on how much u can boost

TURBO- what a b16 is made for

i would boost, build the head and get an itr tranny
Old 07-02-2005, 03:26 AM
Mr. Badwrench

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

all 3 cost money. if you had a k series i would say go na.
superchargers are good but the net gain isnt there. meaning it takes power to make power. turbo's are the way to go because the net gain in the end is more. there are plenty of guys on here making good power with a JRSC or a vortech, but the growth potential is limited also. in the end i think there are more possibilities with a turbo.
Old 07-02-2005, 11:13 PM

93hb cx and i would like to run in the low 11 or a mid to high ten and would like to keep it so i could drive it every day down to the blvd to see whats goin on but at the same time be able to go to the tracks and run some respectable times. last weekend ran with a gti took him the first time second run he turned the boost up more and took me in third i would like to have that not happen to much you know
Old 07-02-2005, 11:34 PM

10 seconds and a dd out of a b16....wow id like to see that. i think u would need atleast a 2.0L

talk about traction problem on the streets
Old 07-03-2005, 06:33 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93ejay1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">10 seconds and a dd out of a b16....wow id like to see that. i think u would need atleast a 2.0L

talk about traction problem on the streets</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah...definitely going to have some issues there!
Old 07-03-2005, 09:17 AM

well what would you consider good on the track and still a daily driver
Old 07-03-2005, 09:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

13's for me..and thats na
Old 07-03-2005, 09:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

12's

B16 turbo, but I wouldn't get an ITR tranny... Just an LSD.
Old 07-03-2005, 09:33 AM

Hey im running a n/a ls vtec swap and ive had great success with it great lowend power its simple to do if u get all the right parts the only down fall ive come across is that if i wana go from n/a to turbo its not fun
Old 07-03-2005, 09:47 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CNYSir2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well what would you consider good on the track and still a daily driver</TD></TR></TABLE>

To be perfectly honest, if you have a 160 HP B16 in an EG, you have a very nice car already.

Before I invested more money in more HP, I'd consider some suspension changes and might think about investing in some time in a driving school on a road course.

You might be amazed how much you'd learn about the car, how much you'd learn about your<u>self</u>, and just how much fun you can have with the setup you already have.
Old 07-03-2005, 09:57 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by George Knighton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">To be perfectly honest, if you have a 160 HP B16 in an EG, you have a very nice car already.
</TD></TR></TABLE>
not with 111 trq though, thats only 5 more than a d16. hp means nothing if u dont have trq
Old 07-04-2005, 11:26 PM

to be perfectly honest with you i dont even know what in itr tranny is what kind of car is it from or where can i get one if i do decide to boost and why the itr instead of just adding an lsd if i do decide to boost.

could someone tell me how to post pics of my car on here so i could get some opinions
Old 07-05-2005, 12:13 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CNYSir2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">to be perfectly honest with you i dont even know what in itr tranny is what kind of car is it from or where can i get one if i do decide to boost and why the itr instead of just adding an lsd if i do decide to boost.

could someone tell me how to post pics of my car on here so i could get some opinions</TD></TR></TABLE>
itr is integra type r and it comes from the obvious type r. it has the shortest gears so whic means quicker acceleration. u can keep your b16 tranny and if u add lsd it will be pretty puch an itr tranny.

to post pics u gotta host them and click the and put the url in between
Old 07-05-2005, 06:46 AM

You need some B16 Specs- as in comp ratio and what not because that makes a difference in how much boost you can/will run.
You need http://www.HOwthingswork.com this is the site that will teach you about Superchargers and turbochargerts and even simple stuff like transmissions Engines and Clutches. Once you take in this knowledge you wil hopefully have some pretty specific questions, Ask them here or the Forced induction forum.
Good Luck
Old 07-06-2005, 07:56 PM

Default Re: (DA_Black_Hatch)

thanks for the info i will have to do some more research and look at some of the cars specks and track times on here
Old 07-06-2005, 08:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93ejay1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">not with 111 trq though, thats only 5 more than a d16. hp means nothing if u dont have trq</TD></TR></TABLE>

So you are saying that a b16a is slightly quicker at most than a d16? Sorry but trq isn't everything... pretty sure there is a substantial power gain from a d16 to a b16.
Old 07-06-2005, 08:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

a d16 is like a b16 with one cam. lol
Old 07-06-2005, 10:19 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mario. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So you are saying that a b16a is slightly quicker at most than a d16? Sorry but trq isn't everything... pretty sure there is a substantial power gain from a d16 to a b16.</TD></TR></TABLE>
im saying ive beaten modded SI's and Del sols with my intake and exhaust. and just to let u know trq is everything, y do u think ppl complain about how hondas lack TRQ . hp doesnt get u there, trq does. hp keeps u there. u could have a 500 hp engine and only 120 trq and be quite slow. a b16 unless it has ctr pistons and an itr tranny and good cams are slow as hell.
Old 07-06-2005, 10:40 PM

THe B16 feels like a D16 until you get into VTEC.

When you go from D series to B16, the biggest thing you notice is not just the power, but the gearing as well.

Gearing really makes the car alot more fun to drive.