Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

My dumb questions for all the pro swappers out there...

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2003, 08:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My dumb questions for all the pro swappers out there...

92 CX hatch, i will be purchasing a gsr motor....soon...

what will i need to buy...i think that i will be buying it from hmotorsonline on there it says it needs axles, shift linkage, and mounts...

axles: do i need special axles to fit in my hatch? What axles do i need to buy?

shift linkage will be the same between the gsr and the hatch right?

mounts: do i need to get new mounts of can i use the stock ones i have, i know i should buy them, but what is the reality?

obd1/2: if i get a 94-95 gsr motor, do i need to worry bout this stuff?

oh yeah...almost forgot....the catalytic convertor to...whats the best way to do that? I know it needs to be made longer, but on the cx i have the precat and yea.. Do i need to buy a aftermarket header as well?

i think thats all...anything else you can think of let me know...please?!?!?!
Old 10-03-2003, 08:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My dumb questions for all the pro swappers out there... (teknik_civic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by teknik_civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">92 CX hatch, i will be purchasing a gsr motor....soon...

what will i need to buy...i think that i will be buying it from hmotorsonline on there it says it needs axles, shift linkage, and mounts...

axles: do i need special axles to fit in my hatch? What axles do i need to buy?

shift linkage will be the same between the gsr and the hatch right?

mounts: do i need to get new mounts of can i use the stock ones i have, i know i should buy them, but what is the reality?

obd1/2: if i get a 94-95 gsr motor, do i need to worry bout this stuff?

oh yeah...almost forgot....the catalytic convertor to...whats the best way to do that? I know it needs to be made longer, but on the cx i have the precat and yea.. Do i need to buy a aftermarket header as well?

i think thats all...anything else you can think of let me know...please?!?!?!
</TD></TR></TABLE>

you'll need the 3rd gen (94-01) integra mounts (civic won't work), you'll need 3rd gen integra shift linkage, and 3rd gen integra axles. i would just run a test pipe, OEM header, and an aftermarket catback exhaust. i think if you get a 92-95 civic Si catback exhaust it will bolt up to an OEM B16 or LS header. since your car is a 92 it is already wired for vtec. it won't matter if the motor is obd1 or obd2 since the engine will plug into the car harness with no problem. you will have to wire up the butterflies if you have a stock gsr intake manifold. also make sure you have an OBD1 ecu.
Old 10-03-2003, 08:55 AM

Default Re: My dumb questions for all the pro swappers out there... (*******)

So when looking to buy a cat back, i should buy a 92-95 Si cat back system? Not just the normal hatch catback?

And does the swap come with a complete exhaust manifold, thats what Im worried about is that it's not complete..