Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

my car has a built in kill switch at night!!!! help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 09:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my car has a built in kill switch at night!!!! help!

ok so ur lookin at the topic and like wtf? yeah so the deal is my car has recently started misfiring and runnin on id say 0ne mayb 2 cylinders at nite when i get off work. 11 oclock to be exact. so you think timing belt mayb but... thas no good once the car sits over nite the next day it cranks up fine and runs perfect til the next nite at 11 it even cranks at 7 but 4 hours later its as good as nothin! any ideas on anything?! im thinkin its gettin condensation somewhere but i have no idea where andw hy it has jus started recently? i replaced today with new coil new cap new button new plugs and wires and run the best its ever run in several months but like i said tonite forget it the "kill switch" is activated........PLEASE HELP nopi is next week and i have to have my car there! (= thankx
Old 09-07-2006, 09:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: my car has a built in kill switch at night!!!! help! (cmillertime05)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cmillertime05 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok so ur lookin at the topic and like wtf? yeah so the deal is my car has recently started misfiring and runnin on id say 0ne mayb 2 cylinders at nite when i get off work. 11 oclock to be exact. so you think timing belt mayb but... thas no good once the car sits over nite the next day it cranks up fine and runs perfect til the next nite at 11 it even cranks at 7 but 4 hours later its as good as nothin! any ideas on anything?! im thinkin its gettin condensation somewhere but i have no idea where andw hy it has jus started recently? i replaced today with new coil new cap new button new plugs and wires and run the best its ever run in several months but like i said tonite forget it the "kill switch" is activated........PLEASE HELP nopi is next week and i have to have my car there! (= thankx</TD></TR></TABLE>

You're more likely to get help if people can understand your post. Space it out and put emphasis on what your symptoms are along with what you think is causing it. Also, try to avoid giving pointless details. Try rewriting what you said and I guaratee someone will be able to sort it out.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: my car has a built in kill switch at night!!!! help! (FuNkDrSpOt)

ok well car runs durin the day but not the nite. has new plugs wires coil cap button. will crank at nite but idle is very very rough and not really a true idle jus sputtering spitting and motor shaking.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: my car has a built in kill switch at night!!!! help! (cmillertime05)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cmillertime05 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok well car runs durin the day but not the nite. has new plugs wires coil cap button. will crank at nite but idle is very very rough and not really a true idle jus sputtering spitting and motor shaking. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Btw, you have the ability to just simply hit the edit button to the right of the reply button to edit a previous post.

How long does your car sit before you start it up at night, how long during the day?

What's the temp like at night, day?

How long is your drive?

Modified by FuNkDrSpOt at 11:03 PM 9/7/2006

Modified by FuNkDrSpOt at 11:03 PM 9/7/2006