Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Mini me question HELP NEED HELP ASAP

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 02:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mini me question HELP NEED HELP ASAP

so im doin a mini me swap... but i dont kno if i have to take my crank pully off or what.. do i have to take it off or can i swap the cam gear from my d16y7 head and the belt with it and put it on my new d16z6 head? or do i have to remove the crank pully and change the timing belt? please help im not shure if swapping the cam gear and the belt will work..
Old 10-08-2006, 02:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Mini me question HELP NEED HELP ASAP (Cashieboi)

To get the lower timing cover off, in order to get the timing belt off, the crank pulley has to come off.

Use this as a guide:

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread/1615286

You will need something like this:

Old 10-08-2006, 06:07 PM

ok i dont need to kno that i need to kno if the d16y7 (my stock motor) cam gear can be put on my d16z6 head so that i dont have to get a new timing belt and get the crank pully off n ****
Old 10-08-2006, 06:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I had to read your post 5 times to understand it. spell ceck isn't that hard to find.
Old 10-08-2006, 06:18 PM

what so hard to understand.. i need to know if i can swap my stock cam gear on to my d16z6 head that im putting on... thats pretty plain english.. i dont need your **** right now i need some answers
Old 10-08-2006, 06:18 PM

What block are you using? This will help determine which timing belt you will need.

-Shane
Old 10-08-2006, 06:19 PM

Default Re: Mini me question HELP NEED HELP ASAP (nighttrain33)

d16y7 block off of a 96 hatch EK
Old 10-08-2006, 06:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Cashieboi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what so hard to understand.. i need to know if i can swap my stock cam gear on to my d16z6 head that im putting on... thats pretty plain english.. i dont need your **** right now i need some answers</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well,

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Cashieboi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok i dont need to kno that i need to kno if the d16y7 (my stock motor) cam gear can be put on my d16z6 head so that i dont have to get a new timing belt and get the crank pully off n ****</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Cashieboi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so im doin a mini me swap... but i dont kno if i have to take my crank pully off or what.. do i have to take it off or can i swap the cam gear from my d16y7 head and the belt with it and put it on my new d16z6 head? or do i have to remove the crank pully and change the timing belt? please help im not shure if swapping the cam gear and the belt will work.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

When you learn how to spell so I can understand you, then I will be able to help.
Old 10-08-2006, 06:23 PM

Default Re: Mini me question HELP NEED HELP ASAP (.Red.EM2)

so i have to spell correct in order for you to help me? **** off go post **** sumwhere else OMG I SPELT SOMEWHERE SUMWHERE SUE ME ***
Old 10-08-2006, 06:26 PM

once again i need to kno if i can use my stock d16y7 timing belt and cam gear on my d16z6 head someone please help i dont feel like taken the crank pully off and droppin the motor down to get the timin belt off help out plz no bullshit
Old 10-08-2006, 06:30 PM

If memory serves, the z6 and the y8 are the same, and according to this FAQ, the timing belt on a y7-y8 mini me is reusable. In fact, you should be able to read this FAQ, and it should work perfectly for you.

But to answer your question, in order to get the timing belt off, you will need to take the crank pulley off.

-Shane
Old 10-08-2006, 06:33 PM

Default Re: Mini me question HELP NEED HELP ASAP (nighttrain33)

ok so it is possible to leave my old timing belt on and swap cam gears and it shude work right? i need to make shure cuz im about to put my head on.. all the writeups i looked at said that they took crank pully off n **** to replace the timing belt but if its not nessassary then i dont see why i shude do it...
Old 10-08-2006, 06:35 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Cashieboi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok so it is possible to leave my old timing belt on and swap cam gears and it shude work right? i need to make shure cuz im about to put my head on.. all the writeups i looked at said that they took crank pully off n **** to replace the timing belt but if its not nessassary then i dont see why i shude do it... </TD></TR></TABLE>

Well, in order to get the timing belt off, you need to loosen the tensioner pulley, and to get to this, you need to take the crank pulley off.

-Shane
Old 10-08-2006, 06:35 PM

thanks night train i appreciate ur help man seriously.. im glad your not like those **** that need to bash on sumone cuz of how they spell things to get a high out of life.. sad
Old 10-08-2006, 06:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You DO NOT have to remove the crank pulley to access the tensioner. It's the bolt behind the rubber plug in the cover. you break it loose,pull on the belt , and it's spring loaded, after you get some slack , you can tighten it in the slack position...if that makes sense. Then when it's over the new gear, you loosen the bolt again and it will spring back against the belt to tighten it again. ( you should turn the crank pulley counter-clockwise at this time to get the slack in the right place)
Do you have a manual? You better search for the Helms links and download one.

Yes, you can swap the gears, I just did this same swap (Y7/Z6head). The Y7 gear looks alot better as it's machined, instead of stamped. There's a timing issue, though...and if you think this part is tough, it gets worse. There's a thread on it..
Old 10-08-2006, 07:12 PM

Default Re: Mini me question HELP NEED HELP ASAP (B and B)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B and B &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You DO NOT have to remove the crank pulley to access the tensioner. It's the bolt behind the rubber plug in the cover. you break it loose,pull on the belt , and it's spring loaded.</TD></TR></TABLE>

This will be a PITA though probably. Even putting my belt back on was hard enough and I left the covers off after I got everything back together just to make things easier.

-Shane