Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Mini-me problems (vid) Throttle probs

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 07:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mini-me problems (vid) Throttle probs

I recently pulled out my D15, painted my engine bay. cleaned the motor and did a mini me swap wit the b7 block and y8 head. Well for a while i had the 1.5 intake mani on the 1.6 head. and it acted funny if i reved it to bout 1500 rpms and held it there. It was weird. well yesterday i finally changed the manifolds and as soon as i turned the car on back and forth, vroom vroom vroom vroom vroom. It is horrible. and embaressing, lol. Now I do have the 1.5 P06 ECU still on the car. but it wont ilde down and it wont stop bouncin the throttle. i was thinkin maybe injector. But even so it still wont idle down. I havent a clue anymore. someone please help. this is my only transportation at the moment. here is a vid. Hopefully you can hear it enough. Here is a video of the dookie mobile. Thanks please help me out guys. Oh and by the way its not a vtec-e Only the valve cover. lol

http://s713.photobucket.com/albums/w...t=MOV08903.flv
Old 09-01-2009, 09:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Mini-me problems (vid) Throttle probs

can someone please help me out.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 44 Likes on 22 Posts

I suspect that you have an intake air leak from the IM or TB gasket. Did you install new gaskets and torque the IM and TB bolts to spec?
Old 09-01-2009, 10:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

hmm, thats odd. Get a correct ECU for it and see what happens
Old 09-01-2009, 10:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by RonJ@HT
I suspect that you have an intake air leak from the IM or TB gasket. Did you install new gaskets and torque the IM and TB bolts to spec?
Well i can hear a very faint but super high pitched whine coming from somewhere so i figured i had a intake gasket leak. i am changin taht tom. had to order one. as for the torque specs. HA. no i jus tightened till i felt they were tight enough. lol. but with the other intake it did the same thing besides the whining. but when i cup my hand over TB the car still runs and dont idle dont. so prob got a leak.

As for the ECU i plan on gettin a P28 but dont have the money at the moment. But didnt think it would be a prob wit what is goin on. Cuz i kno another car wit a Z6 and he has a reg 1.5 non vtec ecu in and it runs fine. i dunno. I jus hope i can fix this sucker. lol.

Thanks for the input guys
Old 09-01-2009, 01:59 PM

about that z6 that runs fine put the right ecu on then u will see how a z6 should run i shouldnt hit vtec that way ecu will make everything diff
Old 09-01-2009, 03:36 PM

want to see something crazy start your car and put your finger in the FITV hole in the throttle body bet your idle problem stops, same **** with my boys car
Old 09-02-2009, 07:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by B16aCRXSi
want to see something crazy start your car and put your finger in the FITV hole in the throttle body bet your idle problem stops, same **** with my boys car

BOOM.... no. i have done that already and was hopin to get lucky. but it did nothing. Unplugged all the connectors and it idle down for a sec, and then back up. and its still bounces the throttle. But today im changin the intake manifold gasket cuz mine is leaking. cuz im a tard and didnt change it. But im expecting it to still rev up and down. cuz it did it with the 1.5 manifold too. jus didnt rev high like it is now. I think i need an ecu. i have another civic at the house wit the same P06 ecu so ima try that one see if it does same thing. im gettin tired of this car acting up. Jus wish i could slap a B20 in it. but im to po' for taht. lol damn bills
Old 09-02-2009, 08:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by myflyintegra
BOOM.... no. i have done that already and was hopin to get lucky. but it did nothing. Unplugged all the connectors and it idle down for a sec, and then back up. and its still bounces the throttle. But today im changin the intake manifold gasket cuz mine is leaking. cuz im a tard and didnt change it. But im expecting it to still rev up and down. cuz it did it with the 1.5 manifold too. jus didnt rev high like it is now. I think i need an ecu. i have another civic at the house wit the same P06 ecu so ima try that one see if it does same thing. im gettin tired of this car acting up. Jus wish i could slap a B20 in it. but im to po' for taht. lol damn bills
after changing the IM gasket, check your throttle cable and make sure it isnt too tight, a too tight throttle cable acts like a vacuum leak.

running a p06 should be just fine, it shouldnt cause that idle problem.

however, i noticed you are running a y8 head, which is obd 2, did you convert the dizzy to obd1 so it would work correctly (might not be your problem either, just curious)

also, get a can of carb cleaner, and spray around the TB, hoses, IM gasket and see where it is leaking from. (if you dont know of this trick i can elaborate on it further)
Old 09-02-2009, 08:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 92ehatch
after changing the IM gasket, check your throttle cable and make sure it isnt too tight, a too tight throttle cable acts like a vacuum leak.

running a p06 should be just fine, it shouldnt cause that idle problem.

however, i noticed you are running a y8 head, which is obd 2, did you convert the dizzy to obd1 so it would work correctly (might not be your problem either, just curious)

also, get a can of carb cleaner, and spray around the TB, hoses, IM gasket and see where it is leaking from. (if you dont know of this trick i can elaborate on it further)
Yea i kno the carb cleaner trick. i did put my 1.5B7 distributor on there. but if was fine wit the 1.5 mani on it. but it still would bounce at 1500 rpm's. and when i recorded the vid the throttle cable wasnt even hooked up. so its not to tight. i jus hope changin the IM gasket will make a diff.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i had this problem before. swappeda y8 into the hatch with a 1.5l ecu and the idling would rev up and down and it would idle high. Switched out the ecu to a p28 and the problem was solved.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by civicb16eg
i had this problem before. swappeda y8 into the hatch with a 1.5l ecu and the idling would rev up and down and it would idle high. Switched out the ecu to a p28 and the problem was solved.
ok Cool. is it cuz there is something wrong wit my ecu? jus wonderin. tonight ima change the IM gasket and what not and try to find me a P28. and try the carb cleaner to find other leaks. thanks though man.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by myflyintegra
ok Cool. is it cuz there is something wrong wit my ecu? jus wonderin. tonight ima change the IM gasket and what not and try to find me a P28. and try the carb cleaner to find other leaks. thanks though man.

might have something to do with the air/fuel ratio on the ecus
Old 09-02-2009, 10:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ob1/ob2 ecus, change it and see where you get.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ok cool thanks alot guys. yall are a big help. now the thing taht sucks is i gotta drive this dookie until i get the money to get the ecu. lol. i sure hope it works. thanks alot