Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

megan raing header good or bad

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 01:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default megan raing header good or bad

Ive seen this new for cheep and im just wondering how they perform compared to others such as DC? Do they last as long or do they crack and wear down faster? Also how would this perform on my stock y8 with stock exhaust? thanks
Old 07-12-2006, 01:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: megan raing header good or bad (turnsignalandy)

i know like two people who use them but i havent heard any complaints...

but you could just as easily buy a good used condition dc header for cheaper
Old 07-12-2006, 01:48 PM

Default Re: megan raing header good or bad (turnsignalandy)

I purchased one for my d16y8 engine in my 97 del sol. The header ended up being short. I had an aftermarket exhaust on the car. After the megan racing header was installed using the stock cat the exhaust would bolt up but it caused the rear exhaust pipe to lay on the rear sway bar. I ended up having to cut the flange off the the cat and weld in a small pipe to make it fit right.
Old 07-12-2006, 01:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: megan raing header good or bad (EeeJayEight)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EeeJayEight &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i know like two people who use them but i havent heard any complaints...

but you could just as easily buy a good used condition dc header for cheaper</TD></TR></TABLE>

Cheap being the key word.
TOASTYYY!!

Default Re: megan raing header good or bad (Spins)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Spins &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I purchased one for my d16y8 engine in my 97 del sol. The header ended up being short. I had an aftermarket exhaust on the car. After the megan racing header was installed using the stock cat the exhaust would bolt up but it caused the rear exhaust pipe to lay on the rear sway bar. I ended up having to cut the flange off the the cat and weld in a small pipe to make it fit right.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Exactly what happened to mine. It looks good otherwise.

Default Re: megan raing header good or bad (EeeJayEight)

I'm not sure, but i think that i owe this header - may be it's not megan, but very close to him - china made, 4-2-1 stainless. I bought it for cheap. It was installed in april - so 3 mounth of hard use - My daily drive is about 100 km. So, what can i say? Gasket between 2 parts of header was gone in 2 mounth. Replaced with similar one, but better. There are 2 holes for 2 O-sensors, one of them near engine head, second under car, near catback. Second was gone today, just gone. Get same size bolt in nearest autoparts shop and replaced.
So - change gasket right after bying, and try to tight second bolt.
Old 07-12-2006, 01:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: megan raing header good or bad (Spins)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Spins &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I purchased one for my d16y8 engine in my 97 del sol. The header ended up being short. I had an aftermarket exhaust on the car. After the megan racing header was installed using the stock cat the exhaust would bolt up but it caused the rear exhaust pipe to lay on the rear sway bar. I ended up having to cut the flange off the the cat and weld in a small pipe to make it fit right.</TD></TR></TABLE>

reason i try and stick to reputable established companies that actually have an R&D team and not some group of people who just think they can make things...

but to each his own
Old 07-12-2006, 01:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i know a guy who has it on this hatch with a gsr swap...no complaints at all...but remember check on your carb laws...if your from CA...dont even think about it...the megan header isn't carb legal...i'm from CA just got a ticket a while back for a intake....a ******* intake...$357 bro...i know its my fault...now i'm back to all stock...haha...
Old 07-12-2006, 01:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (bmoua)

wat about power? Can i expect a noticable difference using my stock exhaust or a cheep twin loop?
Old 07-12-2006, 02:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (turnsignalandy)

i didnt notice power on my d-series with header, intake and exhaust... so i am gonna say no.. but are u running a d?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bmoua &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i know a guy who has it on this hatch with a gsr swap...no complaints at all...but remember check on your carb laws...if your from CA...dont even think about it...the megan header isn't carb legal...i'm from CA just got a ticket a while back for a intake....a ******* intake...$357 bro...i know its my fault...now i'm back to all stock...haha...</TD></TR></TABLE>

i got busted at a test only... aparently my carb number was outdated... its freakin welded to my dc header..so i dont know what the meant.. stupid dude wouldnt smog my car after that.. even though i had all the paperwork for the header... so yea.. CA smog laws FTL!!