Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Master slave clutch cylinder replacement

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 02:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Master slave clutch cylinder replacement

I need to replace my master and slave clutch cylinder. Can anyone offer me advice on how difficult this would be and if there are any web based resources to walk me through the procedure??
Old 06-01-2005, 04:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Master slave clutch cylinder replacement (tbonez)

Your best bet is a Helms Manual.

There's really not that much to it. Remove the lines from the master cylinder and unbolt it, replace. Remove the lines from the slave cylinder and replace it. Then the whole system will need to be bled to get all the air out of the lines. I know that's not detailed, but there's not much detail to get into.
Old 06-01-2005, 04:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

http://www.hstuners.com/forums...24645
Old 06-01-2005, 05:30 AM

Default Re: Master slave clutch cylinder replacement (tbonez)

Dont forget to use flare wrenches on the fittings. A standard wrench will round them off. As for bleeding the mastercylinder you have two options. The easiest is to buy a mastercylinder bleed kit from an auto parts store. Not that expensive. After you removed it you install the hoses of the bleed kit into the where the fittings for your lines would go, Fill the resivoir and push the pistion in. Otherwise you need to bench bleed it, = more difficult, but still not hard. If you are at all not sure you might not want to do this as it is your brakes, and you might want them to work.
Old 06-01-2005, 05:51 AM
Electrician

Default Re: Master slave clutch cylinder replacement (wheels01)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wheels01 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Dont forget to use flare wrenches on the fittings. A standard wrench will round them off. As for bleeding the mastercylinder you have two options. The easiest is to buy a mastercylinder bleed kit from an auto parts store. Not that expensive. After you removed it you install the hoses of the bleed kit into the where the fittings for your lines would go, Fill the resivoir and push the pistion in. Otherwise you need to bench bleed it, = more difficult, but still not hard. If you are at all not sure you might not want to do this as it is your brakes, and you might want them to work.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Buying a bleedig kit for a master cylinder and bleeding the air out of ot WHILE it's out of the car IS bench bleeding.

I installed a new clutch master cylinder about 8 months ago WITHOUT bench bleeding it, just bleeding the air out of the lines. Been good ever since.
Old 06-01-2005, 06:23 AM

Default Re: Master slave clutch cylinder replacement (Dimitri_EG8 a.k.a. Dimi)

if you can wait. you should try the new CMC from OMNI, its comming out 06/10 I believe. theres some reviews about it lingering around this place. so good luck.
Old 06-01-2005, 06:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Master slave clutch cylinder replacement (Toxidomask)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Toxidomask &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if you can wait. you should try the new CMC from OMNI, its comming out 06/10 I believe. theres some reviews about it lingering around this place. so good luck. </TD></TR></TABLE>
i agree if you can wait why not upgrade instead of just replace then you can tell us how it is! but good luck!