Old 12-05-2005, 09:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default >>>>Ls/Vtec ticking and ticking<<<<

Car: Ek hatch
Suspension: Koni yellows w/ Sprint springs
Engine: Ls/Vtec B18a1 w/gsr head
Tranny: stock
Ecu: P28 Jun chipped

I hear this incessant ticking around 3-5k, i know it isnt in the tranny, because i have the same problem when i am stopped. It might be a problem with my timing, but the check light doesnt come on to tell me if my timing is too far advanced or retarded. It might be an exaust leak but i have no idea how to check my entire exaust. And also it seems to be a little "hazy" when i ride with the windows up. So i think some of the exaust is getting into my cab
, but i dont know where to be a carbon monoxide meter either. I need a lot of help and anyone with any suggestions whatsoever will be appreciated.

Also I would like to swap out my drum rear brake for some teg rear discs, i know the drums run at a different pressure, so i i swapped to master cylinder out for a new one could a keep the same stock brake lines ?? If anyone has done this swap before help would be appreciated

Thank all of you at Honda-Tech
Old 12-05-2005, 09:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: >>>>Ls/Vtec ticking and ticking<<<< (NuKeWaste)

Ticking is usually valve adjustment being needed. Exhaust leaks has this rattle to its noise and its there all the time, not just certain RPM. Try adjusting your vavles.

For the rear brakes question, get a 40/40 prop valve and get a 15/16th mastercylinder from 91 integra and your set.
Old 12-05-2005, 09:43 AM

Default Re: >>>>Ls/Vtec ticking and ticking<<<< (Luserkid)

is it coming from the motor? cuz i had a ticking noise around that rpm but it was actually coming from my abs unit it had a leak
Old 12-05-2005, 09:55 AM

Default Re: >>>>Ls/Vtec ticking and ticking<<<< (Luserkid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Luserkid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ticking is usually valve adjustment being needed. Exhaust leaks has this rattle to its noise and its there all the time, not just certain RPM. Try adjusting your vavles. </TD></TR></TABLE>

How would i go about doing that ?
Old 12-05-2005, 09:56 AM

Default Re: >>>>Ls/Vtec ticking and ticking<<<< (Mind Over Matter)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mind Over Matter &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">is it coming from the motor? cuz i had a ticking noise around that rpm but it was actually coming from my abs unit it had a leak</TD></TR></TABLE>

It is coming from the motor it almost sounds like a leaf is stuck somewhere in the engine bay