Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

k20 swap fuel and ignition

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 12:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default k20 swap fuel and ignition

Is there anyone using anything other that kpro to run their k20 swap? Like a stanealone computer? Been looking but don't know if AEM EMS Universal 30-1900 is compatible with it or not. Don't know if they have a base map for it or not and how to wire it. I really want a stand alone system.
Old 09-07-2008, 01:32 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: k20 swap fuel and ignition (90dteg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 90dteg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Is there anyone using anything other that kpro to run their k20 swap? Like a stanealone computer? Been looking but don't know if AEM EMS Universal 30-1900 is compatible with it or not. Don't know if they have a base map for it or not and how to wire it. I really want a stand alone system. </TD></TR></TABLE>

get it, people say hondata is "better" but its a freaking daughterboard, so IMHO that counts as a piggyback in my book.

aem, motec etc

or try megasquirt

Old 09-07-2008, 09:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: k20 swap fuel and ignition (i drive a honda)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by i drive a honda &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

try megasquirt

</TD></TR></TABLE>
x2 on that if you want a true standalone
Old 09-07-2008, 08:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Whats wrong with the Hondata KPRO,works fine for me easy to tune fuel and iginiton.Has tons of basemaps to get you close to what you need
Old 09-07-2008, 09:05 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: (K-EG)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by K-EG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Whats wrong with the Hondata KPRO,works fine for me easy to tune fuel and iginiton.Has tons of basemaps to get you close to what you need</TD></TR></TABLE>

in terms of talking about standalone fuel magement , hondata is EXTREMELY limted.

it is nowhere near the level of a standalone.

and don't consider it one.

he was asking about a standalone system, launch control, nitrous possibly, boost control, rpm limitng.

etc. **** you need in a standalone system,hondata can't and never will be able to have.

after all hondata is JUST a modification of the honda code.

thier section of the code was released (never seen it), which is why they sued.

so its not a standalone haha, and idk why people on here claim it to be one...... (never messed with it?)

plus the idiots fail to notice that it is a duaghter board soldered onto the stock honda ecu.

it's like saying my nvidia 8600gt ( crap video card btw) is a standalone vieo out put device. its not it requires it to fint in a pci-e slot of course
Old 09-08-2008, 06:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (i drive a honda)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by i drive a honda &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

in terms of talking about standalone fuel magement , hondata is EXTREMELY limted.

he was asking about a standalone system, launch control, nitrous possibly, boost control, rpm limitng.

etc. **** you need in a standalone system,hondata can't and never will be able to have.

after all hondata is JUST a modification of the honda code.

thier section of the code was released (never seen it), which is why they sued.

so its not a standalone haha, and idk why people on here claim it to be one...... (never messed with it?)

plus the idiots fail to notice that it is a duaghter board soldered onto the stock honda ecu.

</TD></TR></TABLE>
Yea i know its not a standalone but everything you stated it has,launch control,nitrous control,boost control,boost by gear.I dont know one thing that it doesnt have.And to the original poster unless your building a race car you dont need anything other than Hondata to run the car effiectaly
Old 09-08-2008, 06:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

What else you need
Old 09-08-2008, 06:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (K-EG)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by K-EG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Yea i know its not a standalone but everything you stated it has,launch control,nitrous control,boost control,boost by gear.I dont know one thing that it doesnt have.And to the original poster unless your building a race car you dont need anything other than Hondata to run the car effiectaly</TD></TR></TABLE>

very true....

but if you want a standalone i recommend the HYDRA NEMISIS.....
Old 09-11-2008, 05:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I am finding that almost all of your stand alone units require the use of different coils. because the units have the igniter built in and the honda coils have the igniter built in them.