Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

jdm b16a with obd2 ecu?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 04:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jdm b16a with obd2 ecu?

Ok, I need to know from people who are running a 2nd gen JDM b16a in there ek's, with a obd2 si ecu. Ok, I have a 98 civic lx with a 2nd gen jdm b16a, and is running of a obd2 civic si ecu. I'm using the obd2 ecu so that i can pass inspection. Well anyway i'm getting the p1457 code (evap leak charcoal canister area), and I got it ever since I swapped in the b16. So far i did a searched everywhere and i have read every single thread about the p1457. And so far I replaced every valve and sensor in the evap system, I also put hose clamps on all the hoses, and I bought a brand new ecu form honda, and i'm still getting the ****** code. So i'm wondering am i the only one with this code with my paticular swap? Becasue I did everything the helms book said, and its still coming up. My next step is to sell my 5 month old swap and put the d16 back in becasue this is bullshit, and these emissions test are getting out of control. The motor runs beatufully, but pretty soon i won't be able to drive the car because i won't be able to pass inspection. So any input would be helpful, and remember its not the gas cap, thats p1456, and i've replaced all the valves, and put hose clamps on the hoses and did a vacuum test. So tell me something that might help or that i missed. And for those who have the same swap and ecu let me know if you got this code, PLEASE!!!!
Old 04-11-2005, 04:50 PM

Default Re: jdm b16a with obd2 ecu? (hondadriver)

dude i'm running the jasb16a2 JDM but with OBD1 and i never got that code. sorry man
Old 04-12-2005, 03:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Come on guys, noone nows? So there is noone out there that did a b16a swap (jdm/usdm) in their ek and use a si ecu and not get this code. I know everyone just doesn't go and use a obd1 ecu. becasue know and soon every state will have these gay ******* obd2 emissions tests. And I know all these companys and distributors sell obd2 b16a swaps to to people for their eks. I mean I'm stomped!!! I tried all kinds of honda sites and emailed like 8 people and no help yet. Even if you don't know maybe you know someone who has a swap like this! Theres no shop around here that does swaps. Is there anyone I can email or contact that does swaps for a living so that I can ask them if they ever came across this problem.????
Old 04-15-2005, 01:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Alright well my civic was at the dealership for the last 3 days. And The head mechanic that was there for 28 years + a girl that does engine swaps, and is into this import ****, was helping him becasue she works in the parts dept. (she wasn't to bad) But, the guy did the exact same tests as me. But he had a computer to test the solenoids and valves plus he smoked the sytem and everything tested 100%. Which it shoud becasue the whole evap system is brand new. Ok so today he called me and we talked for 30 min about what he did and what i did and what can or can't be done. he's not blaming the motor or the ecu. He said even though it a jdm motor, its still running off a usdm ecu. So he said the whole emission system should work like a regular obd2 system should. he said all my wiring is great and all the hoses are properly routed. So whats going on? is the purge control solenoid is staying shut its not purging the gases. He said the wires, hoses, solenoid are all good , and the ecu is brand new, but its still causing the purge valve not to purge. So he's stomped, and so am i.................SO I paid the $240. for the testing and what ever and I told him I will keep trying. He told me to go to some sites, and find out who else did this kind of swap and ask if they have the same situation, I told him I have been since last year... So now i'm going to have to buy a ******* d16 and go back to normal, I put so much work and MONEY into this, so that it can be obd2 ready and I'm still getting the ******* code.

So ok, listen guys I just need an HONEST, HONEST answer. Ok, in the united states right know, I AM NOT the only one with a (usdm/jdm) b series motor in an ek with a obd2 ecu. I can't be the only one because there are only a couple of states that don't have emission tests, which they will soon, so not everyone is running obd1, plus they sell these obd2 swaps everywhere. So I'm not asking you to fix my problem nor to troubleshoot it, but I need to know if someone else who has a B-series motor in their ek with a obd2 ecu, have this code. becasue I need to determine if its the my car having a different evap system then the 99-00, or is it faulty wiring. PLEASE, PLEASE guys I need your help, PLEASE, I don't wanna get rid of the b16, PLEASE. And if you know any shops that do swaps in your area, can you go ask them if they have had this experience, or if you can give me there number. I try and help as much as i can on this site, with any b16 swap becasue I did one in an eg and ef and ek. So i now some stuff, but usually it gets answered. So Come on guys PLEASE help me out, if honda can't i'm not gonna go to pep boys or midas. So i;m counting on you guys. Becasue you guys do the swaps. So its just a simple question, if you have a ek with a b16a, b16b, b18c1, b18c5, with an obd2 ecu can you PLEASE let me know if you have this code, so I can determine what can be the problem?????????