Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Inline Four Rip off

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2004, 08:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Inline Four Rip off

Don't get burned like I did.

I had a big problem with a Skunk 2 camber kit several months ago. I returned the kit to Inline Four and they agreed that it was obviously defective, and promised me store credit "as soon as Skunk sends us a replacement set”. That was last September. After countless phone calls and more unfulfilled promises, I finally filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau:

http://www.labbb.org/scripts/c...rID=1

They ignored the BBB, and are now rated as unsatisfactory:

"Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record with the Bureau. An unsatisfactory record is given when a pattern in the company's customer complaints causes us concern, when the company does not respond to complaints, or when it will not substantiate its advertising claims"‚

Buyer Beware....IL4 is great about taking your money (cash - or they tack on a fee) but Jebus help you if you need to return anything.

Modified by econorocket at 9:54 PM 4/23/2004
Old 04-23-2004, 08:40 PM
Sushi Buffet Champion

Default Re: Inline Four Rip off (econorocket)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by econorocket &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Buyer Beware....IL4 is great about taking your money </TD></TR></TABLE>

Well that's a no brainer.

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=281743

Old 04-23-2004, 08:57 PM

Default Re: Inline Four Rip off (GapxGuy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GapxGuy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Well that's a no brainer.

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=281743

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks -

Here's my post and replys on Club SI:

http://forums.clubsi.com/showf...&vc=1

They need to go out of business. Unfortunately though, there is a sucker born every minute....

Next time anyone has a problem with them or any other merchant, file with the BBB. It's easy, and they investigate in a non-partisan manner. I'll probably be using the BBB report in small claims court: They still have my money and my parts!
Old 04-23-2004, 09:01 PM

I have ordered numerous times from them and, until recently, I have been satisfied everytime(aside from their noncompetetive pricing). This last time I ordered a JDM ITR header and it took them over 2 weeks to have it delivered, they normally ship in 3-4 days. I did however read over their restocking fee, and it is pretty hefty.
Old 04-23-2004, 09:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Inline Four Rip off (EeeJaySixxx)

i used to order from them and never had a problem, that was about 2 years ago though. havent ordered since, maybe new mgmt...
Old 04-23-2004, 09:45 PM

You live in LA right?
Drive down there. Take the 405 south to the 22 east and get off at knott st. turn left off of the off ramp and head east for about 1/4 mile when you pass under the free way(22) they will be on your right hand side.(the south side of the street) There is always a couple hondas parked out front.

I just bought a gsr suspension brake package from them and its mint.
They are so busy there that I ended up having to wait for over a hour for them to fish up my parts. The place that they are at is very cramped and looks like a battle zone when your in the garage.

I dunno how they will treat you now that you filed reports and stuff but they were courteous to me.

If you dont want to talk to them. File a suit in small claims court. It only costs about 50 and if you win the cost goes to them. But you better make sure your all you ***** straight, you have proof, and you dont try to get something you dont deserve. Other wise you will be assed out and embarrased in public.
Old 04-23-2004, 10:06 PM

Default Re: Inline Four Rip off (func-tion)

Trust me -

I've been down to the shop THREE TIMES trying to set things straight. Brandon would be all cool and say he was gonna "hook me up" with some substitute parts everytime, "as soon as we get them in stock" but then nothing. Now, he's apparently gone, and there is this new guy running the show who dosen't return calls or e-mails, and is just a total *****.

After reading all the negative posts about them, I feel like an idiot for ever buying from them. All in all I spent about $1,100 with them, and considered myself a loyal customer. I am a pretty serious autocrosser (second in STX points this year in LA) and have years of experience working on cars both as an amature and professional mechanic. These guys are the WORST I have ever dealt with....and they have lost me forever as customer, along with all the Cal Club autocrossers if I have anything to say about it.

Maybe we need to all join together and file a class action lawsuit against them. I'm sure some greedy lawyer would do it on contingency.