Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

I NEED HELP!!!!CAR BOGS IN BOOST!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 09:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I NEED HELP!!!!CAR BOGS IN BOOST!!

alrite guys..heres the story...my boi fully built his gsr turbo some yrs back..everything was done from top to bottom...fully built crower head ported by extrude-hone, garrett t3/t4 customed by turbonetics, GOLDEN EAGLE GODZILLA SLEEVES, and JE 84.5(10:1cr) forged pistons just to name a few.. dynoed at 365hp at just a mere 10psi via a hondata s200..tuned by dynospot in san jose..the motor was built to handle 20+psi and was BALANCED to 10k rpm..no joke...well he garaged it for 3yrs and his cuz bought it from him last week...we both ended up swappin it into his cousins eg coupe and finished just yesterday..we started the engine this morning and took it for a drive..the car felt hella good at first but as soon as we got into boost, it bogged like ****..everything was inspect twice after the swap and we both are just stumpped at the problem...been tryin **** all day and i was thinkin...can ur tune go bad from sittin to long??anybody have an idea or that can give some advice??anything would help...thanks
Old 08-21-2009, 06:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: I NEED HELP!!!!CAR BOGS IN BOOST!!

Originally Posted by peter_b16
alrite guys..heres the story...my boi fully built his gsr turbo some yrs back..everything was done from top to bottom...fully built crower head ported by extrude-hone, garrett t3/t4 customed by turbonetics, GOLDEN EAGLE GODZILLA SLEEVES, and JE 84.5(10:1cr) forged pistons just to name a few.. dynoed at 365hp at just a mere 10psi via a hondata s200..tuned by dynospot in san jose..the motor was built to handle 20+psi and was BALANCED to 10k rpm..no joke...well he garaged it for 3yrs and his cuz bought it from him last week...we both ended up swappin it into his cousins eg coupe and finished just yesterday..we started the engine this morning and took it for a drive..the car felt hella good at first but as soon as we got into boost, it bogged like ****..everything was inspect twice after the swap and we both are just stumpped at the problem...been tryin **** all day and i was thinkin...can ur tune go bad from sittin to long??anybody have an idea or that can give some advice??anything would help...thanks
a tune cant go bad from sitting, a tune is a program written to a chip, unless the hardware in the ECU or the chip goes bad, then that isnt your problem.

double check for check engine lights, make sure all your wiring harnesses have good connections.

Make sure you didnt pinch any wires or cut any during the swap.

boost leaks? is your boost gauge reading the correct amount? or is it reading low?

exhaust leaks? pre turbo?

oh and im going to make a suggestion for your posts.

Separate your points so it is easier to read. Granted the way i do it isnt proper english, it is alot easier on the eyes than a jumbled mess.