Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

how in the world do you mount an aftermarket radio in an EG?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2002, 06:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default how in the world do you mount an aftermarket radio in an EG?

nobody makes a mount kit for a single DIN non shaft radio! how do you mount them? i didn't realize it doesn't have a stock panel that unscrews like my EF does. does it just sit in there or what?
Old 04-17-2002, 06:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: how in the world do you mount an aftermarket radio in an EG? (hot_EF)

You should have a bay that is metal that came with the radio, if it is a din/non shaft style that that goes in the din and the radio clips in it, will have pics in a sec.

Jesse
Old 04-17-2002, 06:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: how in the world do you mount an aftermarket radio in an EG? (monsta)

You should have a bay that is metal that came with the radio, if it is a din/non shaft style that that goes in the din and the radio clips in it, will have pics in a sec.

Jesse
yeah, i got that piece...but what do i do with that? i don't see how i can mount that in the radio slot because you have to bend those clips out...and you can't get your hands in there so i don't get it?
Old 04-17-2002, 06:53 PM

Default Re: how in the world do you mount an aftermarket radio in an EG? (monsta)

See the little silver tray, that clips on the side of the din thing, and the radio clips inside of it.

hope this helps

Jesse
Old 04-17-2002, 06:54 PM

Holy ****, never knew my car was so dirty, amasing what flash does
Old 04-17-2002, 06:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hey thanks man....now that i think about it, i get it. i just wasn't expecting it to be umm....so easy. i mean, can't thieves get it pretty easily?hmmm.....i guess it's not any harder or easier than it would be on my EF...oh well. i'm used to my stuff getting jacked...HAHA...thanks alot for the pics jesse
Old 04-17-2002, 07:02 PM

Default Re: how in the world do you mount an aftermarket radio in an EG? (hot_EF)

No prob, its a bitch, but you radio should "lock" into the cradle thingy, and you have to have "special Tools" to remove it, I just use a "special" flat bladed scew driver, works fine.

Jesse
Old 04-17-2002, 07:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lol....ohhhhh....that's what those 'special' looking things are for??? lol...i was like wtf?
Old 04-17-2002, 07:06 PM

yup should look like some retard tried to bend some aluminum, thats what there for.

Jesse
Old 04-17-2002, 07:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: how in the world do you mount an aftermarket radio in an EG? (VTEC CX)

Don't get used to getting jacked... get a SHUTGUN Jonathan

Neema- who hopes to find the a thief in action and **** them up !
hahaha. Neema, dude..it's soooo hard to catch them in action though! but...my neighbor did catch them attempting to one night though...he said it was 5-6 teenagers...luckily he had a 45 right up in their faces...muhahaha

Jonathan-who supports the right to bear arms
Old 04-17-2002, 08:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hey thanks man....now that i think about it, i get it. i just wasn't expecting it to be umm....so easy. i mean, can't thieves get it pretty easily?hmmm.....i guess it's not any harder or easier than it would be on my EF...oh well. i'm used to my stuff getting jacked...HAHA...thanks alot for the pics jesse
Having had my headunit stolen before, I'll say this. You really can't do much to stop a thief from stealing your stereo once they're in your car except for not leaving the headunit part in the car. Aftermarket radios being easy to steal may actually be good in a way. After all, would you rather have the thief just steal your radio or have them totally **** up your dash trying to get the radio out? The easier it is for them to steal it, the less damage to your dash. Either way..thieves must DIE!
Old 04-17-2002, 09:23 PM

Default Re: how in the world do you mount an aftermarket radio in an EG? (PhAtBoY Si)

Either way..thieves must DIE!
I totally agree...