Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

How to? Viper Alarm 791XV

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 03:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to? Viper Alarm 791XV

I've viper alarm 791XV in my car with manual transmission and the guy that did my alarm he dont know how to wire the remote start car. So does anyone know how to install that? I just need to wire that part so I can remote start my car. Before, I had this alarm remote start in my auto transmission delsol. any idea or advice? pictures would be great too or link.
Old 07-06-2008, 04:51 PM

Default Re: How to? Viper Alarm 791XV (disboitrung)

first off its very easy.
SECOND UNLESS YOU ALWAYS AND I MEAN ALWAYS leave the car in nuetral and set the Ebrake then DONT DO IT!!!!
because if you leave the car in gear even ONCE and even accidently hit the remote start button then the car will jump forwards or backwards if you leave it in reverse....

so be sure to be up on your insurance payments if you do decide to bypass the clutch switch...
but to bypass it it only takes one small wire. look at your clutch pedal assembly and find the TOP bypass switch, simply unplug the wire harness and simply jump the two terminals.... and now your starter will activate at any time.... no need to push in the clutch pedal to start the car any more and just wire up the remote starter wire to the ignition switch. very easy.

i would always sugest IF YOU DO keep the remote starter to keep the clutch pedal switch hooked up stock..... with all the other wires wired up right you can simple get in the car for a second... start the car with the key and then activate the STOP and GO feature, remove the key and do go what you do till your ready to leave. its alot safer!

remember you may do it right all the time BUT if you get your oil changed or any other work on your car THEY DONT KNOW THAT!!!!!!! and thats how accidents happen! so if you can AT LEAST wire up that clutch switch to a kill switch so you can turn the remote start ability OFF for service work/safety!
Old 07-06-2008, 04:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How to? Viper Alarm 791XV (disboitrung)

you shouldn't use that alarm and the remote start feature on a car with a manual transmission. if you leave your car in gear and try to remote start it, the car will go forward which can be pretty dangerous.

I know that compustar alarms have a setup for remote start on manual transmission cars. Theirs makes you go through a sequence when you shut off your car so that there is no way your car can be started while it is in gear.

If you still want to use the remote start feature with your viper alarm, you will have to bypass/disable the clutch pedal sensor so that you can start your car without pushing in the clutch. I would advise against this procedure because you will be putting other people and your car in danger
Old 07-06-2008, 05:01 PM

i know the consequence, but i still want it and no1 touch my car except me and i change my own oil or whatever i always put mine in Neutral and ebrake on.
Old 07-06-2008, 05:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (disboitrung)

Same thing i do. leave it in neutral and ebrake on, with both my cars. my mustang has the 791xv w/ remote start hooked up. Course i didn't have to bypass the clutch pedal cause the car was originally an automatic and i switched it to a 5spd lol. and the honda i'm lookin at gettin either the same thing 791xv/Python 881xp (identical alarms) or maybe the viper 5900 with the 1mile range.

this should help btw..
http://www.directed.com/guides...3.pdf