Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

How much would i have to pay for a civic

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2004, 04:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much would i have to pay for a civic

free feel to move don't know where so i post

i was looking for a EK civic recently i saw this 99 civic hatch dx it about 80k has theft recovery title meaning slavage right? have everything stock and with stunk2 coil and with a/c and power steering with is good for me cause i looking for a daily car and the exteior got CTR style front and rear lips, painted moldings, mirrors, rocker panels inside look good or cool. any one got some suggest see how much that car worth??? talking about a fair cause i look at kbb it only said like about 5800 some thing like that for good condition fair one is 5000 do you think 5500 is fair deal price or for a salvage title car? or any good suggest ?
Old 07-01-2004, 07:03 AM
Electrician

Another kid on here paid full price for a Salvaged Title aswell. We all tried to stear him clear from it. Salvaged Titles ARE NOT WORTH FULL PRICE. Most cars that I see with Salvaged Titles are sold for more than half the price off.
Old 07-01-2004, 07:34 AM

Default Re: How much would i have to pay for a civic (bbcnet)

Do not get this car. Steer clear! Salvage titles mean that if you are to resell the car, you will not be able to get a decent price.

The best way to find hatches is to find women or somebody who does not beat on cars. There is a thread here about a guy who got this first car from a professor. He paid $4,100 for a '97 with 32,000 miles on it. I just paid $4,200 for '97 with 80,000 miles, but I live in a different, more expensive, area of the United States. Oh, one more thing. If you want to get a EK in hopes to build it up, forget it. The engine sucks and you will have to pay more to get a better one. If it is a daily driver, then you should look somewhere else as well. I would not pay more than $4K for that hatch give the fact that it is newer than mine and that it has a salvage title.
Old 07-01-2004, 07:35 AM

Ah, one more thing. If it has coilovers or some other mods, you gotta understand that somebody tried to beat on it. People do not mod the cars and then let them sit in their garages (unless the cars are really worth it). Chances are that some dude tried to race that puppy and wrapped it around a telephone pole or something....
Old 07-01-2004, 08:03 AM

Damn that's expensive. Not for a Salvage car. I bought an EG with clear title and some mods for $900... Keep on looking dude, the deal is out there you just have to be patient.
Old 07-01-2004, 10:29 AM

Default Re: How much would i have to pay for a civic (SuperDuude)

true tho.. but is hard cause i really like the way how he fixup his car ... maybe i just way see .. do you know any other place look for a car beside craigslist or ebay?
Old 07-01-2004, 10:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How much would i have to pay for a civic (vitaliy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vitaliy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Do not get this car. Steer clear! Salvage titles mean that if you are to resell the car, you will not be able to get a decent price.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, but you're also not buying it for full price either.

Old 07-02-2004, 02:25 AM

Default Re: How much would i have to pay for a civic (EX_AutoXer)

if i pay from 4500-5000 do your think is that is fair deal cause he list that come with a set of Intergra brake system it got everything i belive for 5500 with nice six stoke black or gunmetal grey somelike that
Old 07-02-2004, 02:37 AM

i thinks $$5000 IS TOO MUCH!!!
tell him that u give him $3800 to $4000!!!
or just keep looking u would find it!!!
or i can sell u my hb !!
Salvage cars are difficult to sell !!
Old 07-02-2004, 10:05 AM

Default Re: How much would i have to pay for a civic (ek4hatch)

I say you use that 4-5K and buy a shell for a 1-2K and then buy a motor... thats what i wish i did. Neway goodluck with ur choice.
Old 07-03-2004, 01:54 AM

Default Re: How much would i have to pay for a civic (ek4hatch)

true tho .. i just plan to do daily drive only what is your spec of your civic other infor how much haaa
Old 07-03-2004, 02:08 AM

5 dollars
Old 07-03-2004, 08:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: How much would i have to pay for a civic (vitaliy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vitaliy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ah, one more thing. If it has coilovers or some other mods, you gotta understand that somebody tried to beat on it. People do not mod the cars and then let them sit in their garages (unless the cars are really worth it). Chances are that some dude tried to race that puppy and wrapped it around a telephone pole or something....</TD></TR></TABLE>

On the flipside, you might argue that someone who modded the car is an enthusiast and possibly a bit more aware of the cars condition. Not everyone with coilovers is racing, there are a lot of show car guys out there too. There are probably a bunch of cases where what your saying holds true as well. I'm just saying, don't dismiss a car totally based on it being modified, check the overall condition.
Old 07-03-2004, 12:36 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bbcnet &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">true tho .. i just plan to do daily drive only what is your spec of your civic other infor how much haaa </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah its very true. I bought my 98 HB DX for 3700$ Salvaged. Everything bone stock. A stock DX motor is like 107 HP. Makes me sad how slow my car is...

Forget about the daily drive u can have a daily driver that is fast! Keep your money and look for some EK Shells around ur neighborhood. Theres one in my neighborhood (LA area) that i saw for 600$.... Front frame damage though. (2 point 0). Find an decent EK shell... patience is a virtue, use HT, Recycler.com [&lt;--- this may be ur best bet]. Be sure to paint the shell when u get it too. So ur engine bay matches when u drop the motor in.

But yeah In My Opinion, my car is really slow and i wish i had bought a shell + motor for 4K or something. I rushed into it cuz i was like OMG A HATCH! ... but then when u got it youll be like OMG I GOT A HATCH =[. Neway get a k or b series motor, itll be hella fun for u.

My two cents... hopefully this thread will help others decide what to do also.