99 ex swap b18b1 fuel pump no prime

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2014, 07:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 ex swap b18b1 fuel pump no prime

99 Honda civic ex

So to lay down some history before i start

car was an automatic previous owner made it to a manual while still using the auto engine harness (idk why he wasnt very smart).

Now to the present me and a buddy swapped the y7/y8 out and put an b18b1 inside got an used 99-00 si harness and did the pinout exchange grounded everything perfect and using an p28 s300 v2 ecu. Switch everything that needed to be switch off off. Fuel pump wont prime.The b18 that we using came out of an auto 2000 ls swap over the starter trans and all that stuff to the correct one my main relay is getting power, getting power to my ecu. no codes no nothing cant think of any reason the fuel pump wont prime everything is connected how its suppose to be. we were able to jump start the fuel pump and get the car running but obviously we cant keep it like that because the fuel pump be pumping gas constantly. switch out relays with a relay that was in his my other buddies civic didn't make a difference still no fuel pump prime. Any kind of info would be awesome. im pretty sure im missing some more things we did but thats all i can remember as of now.

p.s. we also call rywire to see if maybe we missed anything in the wiring side of it and they said from what we told them everything is hooked up and done correct.

thanks!
Old 11-09-2014, 08:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 44 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Re: 99 ex swap b18b1 fuel pump no prime

Check whether fuse 44 or 13 is blown.

Is there spark at the plugs?

Originally Posted by p.bass
Switch everything that needed to be switch off off.
What does this mean?

my main relay is getting power
What pins?

getting power to my ecu.
What pins?

no codes
Does the CEL work?

we were able to jump start the fuel pump
Details? What exactly did you do?
Old 11-10-2014, 06:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by RonJ@HT
Check whether fuse 44 or 13 is blown.
all fuses are good first things we checked
Is there spark at the plugs?
getting spark

What does this mean?
talking about for the o2 and vtec since im using an si ecu and a non vtec engine

What pins?
all pins are getting power

Does the CEL work?

yes CEL worked was unplugged some stuff to see if we could get it to turn on

Details? What exactly did you do?
best way i can explain it is that we jumped it from the main relay
Old 11-10-2014, 07:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

all fuses are good first things we checked

all pins are getting power

best way i can explain it is that we jumped it from the main relay
Umm...These minimal responses tell me you're not really interested in getting help as you won't even put enough effort in to provide specific diagnostic details. Either provide ALL details or move on. Otherwise, you're just wasting member's time here.

Please click the forum Rules link in my signature and read. When you create a tech thread, you have responsibilities.

Last edited by Former User; 11-10-2014 at 07:30 AM.
Old 11-10-2014, 08:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Sorry trying to explain best i can not really good with explaining when it comes to wire stuff.

Okay we jump the fuel pump from where the main relay plugs in at which im trying to say is we hook one wire from the yellow and green wire to the other wire which i believe was yellow the fuel pump would prime but once we would let go engine would cut off

Check all fuse all are good and even put new ones in just incase

Checked all grounds to make sure they where getting the proper ground and they were.

There is two plugs on the driver side of the si harness but we was only able to plug in one of those to the harness inside of the car
Old 11-10-2014, 08:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Sorry trying to explain best i can not really good with explaining when it comes to wire stuff.
Posting clear pictures is always an option. The more we know, the more help you get.

Okay we jump the fuel pump from where the main relay plugs in at which im trying to say is we hook one wire from the yellow and green wire to the other wire which i believe was yellow the fuel pump would prime but once we would let go engine would cut off
Better. The main relay has 2 pins with voltage - from fuse 44 and 13 (see diagram below). When pin 5 (fuse 13) or 7 (fuse 44) is jumped to the Yel/Grn-wire fuel pump pin 4, does each make the fuel pump run? The key must be in ON(II) to test the fuse 13 pin.

Check all fuse all are good and even put new ones in just incase
Voltage test fuse 44 and fuse 13 (again, key in ON[II]). Click the Fuses link in my signature.

Checked all grounds to make sure they where getting the proper ground and they were.
Not much help if we don't know what pins you tested - post pictures.

There is two plugs on the driver side of the si harness but we was only able to plug in one of those to the harness inside of the car
Not sure what test you are referring to here^.
Attached Images  

Last edited by Former User; 11-10-2014 at 09:05 AM.
Old 11-10-2014, 02:25 PM
Fish Twig

Received 309 Likes on 285 Posts

What pins did you jump, details please.
Old 11-10-2014, 04:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Okay will post a few pictures tomorrow when its brighter but we did do a voltage test on the fuses and they where getting the correct voltage and we did have the car on when we was able to jumo the fuel pump.

Again sorry and i will post pictures first thing tomorrow when i go to the garage where the car is

And for the two plugs i wasn't referring to any test just something i forgot to say earlier ill post pictures of that also tomorrow
Old 11-11-2014, 02:41 AM
Fish Twig

Received 309 Likes on 285 Posts

99 Honda civic ex

So to lay down some history before i start

car was an automatic previous owner made it to a manual while still using the auto engine harness (idk why he wasnt very smart).

maybe because he/she was on a budget

Now to the present me and a buddy swapped the y7/y8 out and put an b18b1 inside got an used 99-00 si harness and did the pinout exchange grounded everything perfect and using an p28 s300 v2 ecu. Switch everything that needed to be switch off off. Fuel pump wont prime.The b18 that we using came out of an auto 2000 ls swap over the starter trans and all that stuff to the correct one my main relay is getting power, getting power to my ecu. no codes no nothing cant think of any reason the fuel pump wont prime everything is connected how its suppose to be. we were able to jump start the fuel pump and get the car running but obviously we cant keep it like that because the fuel pump be pumping gas constantly. switch out relays with a relay that was in his my other buddies civic didn't make a difference still no fuel pump prime. Any kind of info would be awesome. im pretty sure im missing some more things we did but thats all i can remember as of now.

Again, what pinout exchange

p.s. we also call rywire to see if maybe we missed anything in the wiring side of it and they said from what we told them everything is hooked up and done correct.

thanks!

Swapping in a b18 into the 99-00 civic isn't rocket science. There was no need to swap any pins (whatever those pins are), the conversion harness could've taken care of that.

Also calling someone else not smart just because he/she continued to use the auto harness doesn't make you any better, people now a days are on a budget.