Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

How do you completely disarm the alarm system for a Civic?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2003, 07:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you completely disarm the alarm system for a Civic?

Hey,
How do you completely shut off the alarm system in a Civic? By that I mean I don't want to use the alarm anymore because my transmitter thing is almost broken, sometimes I have to press it 10 times before it will arm/disarm. I did change the batter 2 times, so I know it's not the battery. Do I have to pulla fuse or something? There is also this little red button near the floor on the drivers side...does that do anything? I pushed it and nothing happended...I did a search too and couldn't find a straight answer. Thanks.
Old 08-01-2003, 07:31 AM

Default Re: How do you completely disarm the alarm system for a Civic? (Milano97)

Do you have a factory alarm system? Cause when I was messing around in my fuse box, I somehow set off an alarm, never gone off befroe or again. Kinda weird. I would also like to know about the factory alarm and how to perminantly disable it, I posted about this before and got nothing.
Old 08-01-2003, 07:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: How do you completely disarm the alarm system for a Civic? (Milano97)

stolen a civic lately?
Old 08-01-2003, 07:45 AM

Default Re: How do you completely disarm the alarm system for a Civic? (blackhatchy)

just ask anyone from northern va/md/dc...they are pros at stealing cars up there
Old 08-01-2003, 08:40 AM
Risky Business

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Re: How do you completely disarm the alarm system for a Civic? (elevatethis)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by elevatethis &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">just ask anyone from northern va/md/dc...they are pros at stealing cars up there</TD></TR></TABLE>

haha...amen to that
Old 08-01-2003, 08:49 AM

Default Re: How do you completely disarm the alarm system for a Civic? (BauleyCivic)

between your steering wheel and pedals should have 3 simple (on-off) switch. one of them switch it off (i forgot which one). the one on the far right is for honking sound (either on or off).
Old 08-01-2003, 09:46 AM

Didn't you ******* RETARDS read the post. I said my transmitter is almost broken and it takes 1000 pushes for the ******* alarm to disarm. MY CAR, not somebody else's. If I open the door without shutting it off, the alarm will go off and I won't be able to shut it off. Stealing cars, bunch of ****** tarts.
Old 08-01-2003, 09:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

calm down.......
Old 08-01-2003, 09:58 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Milano97 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Didn't you ******* RETARDS read the post. I said my transmitter is almost broken and it takes 1000 pushes for the ******* alarm to disarm. MY CAR, not somebody else's. If I open the door without shutting it off, the alarm will go off and I won't be able to shut it off. Stealing cars, bunch of ****** tarts. </TD></TR></TABLE>

calm down dude, they just meant that thieves would now where to look to disable car alarms

i have the same problem with the transmitter (stock alarm). if you open the inside apart, you can see that some of the wiring is just loose. some sawdering would help
Old 08-01-2003, 10:00 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Milano97 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Didn't you ******* RETARDS read the post. I said my transmitter is almost broken and it takes 1000 pushes for the ******* alarm to disarm. MY CAR, not somebody else's. If I open the door without shutting it off, the alarm will go off and I won't be able to shut it off. Stealing cars, bunch of ****** tarts. </TD></TR></TABLE>

so much hostility...

On a factory alarm, if the transmitter breaks, and you need to shut the alarm off, put the key in the ignition, and turn it to the on position. This will silence the alarm.
Old 08-01-2003, 10:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Milano97 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey,
How do you completely shut off the alarm system in a Civic? By that I mean I don't want to use the alarm anymore because my transmitter thing is almost broken, sometimes I have to press it 10 times before it will arm/disarm. I did change the batter 2 times, so I know it's not the battery. Do I have to pulla fuse or something? There is also this little red button near the floor on the drivers side...does that do anything? I pushed it and nothing happended...I did a search too and couldn't find a straight answer. Thanks.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Not sure if you are talking about a stock alarm. On an aftermarket alarm, you just disconnect the wire bundle from the main unit. It's probably hidden up under the driver side dash and you need to remove the knee panel and metal guard to get to it.
Old 08-01-2003, 12:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts
Default Re: How do you completely disarm the alarm system for a Civic? (riversideguy)

Put that sucker in valet mode.