Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

How do I wire up my head (city) lights

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2002, 04:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I wire up my head (city) lights

Mine (eg6) should be here in a few days. I know very little about wiring. But, i follow directions well. Any help is appreciated, thanks.
Old 10-07-2002, 05:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How do I wire up my head (city) lights (trustsi)

mine are wired to the turn signal, there should be 3 wires going to the turn signal, the one that connects to light up the turn signals at night which activates when u rotate the first click to turn on ur headlights, They light up the turn signals, well on mine the turn signals light up and the city lights as well. That's how they used to be set up, then I came across a JDM EG front clip and took off the whole set of Headlights and corners and it came with a relay, that only leaves the city lights on and turns off the corners on the first click, So at night only the Headlights and Corners are on, and during the day only the city lights come on. I'll take some pics of how they are wired, tomorrow when there is sufficient light.
Old 10-07-2002, 05:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How do I wire up my head (city) lights (trustsi)

the real jdm way is to have your city lights light up as your parking lights (first stop on your headlight switch), instead of your corner lights. throw some single filament bulbs in your corners so they only come on as your turn signals (get some jdm sidemarkers while you're at it). just figure out which of the three wires going into your corner lights right now is the one that makes the parking lights come on, and splice it into the positive lead for the city lights, then wire up a ground, and you're set.

-Trevor
Old 10-07-2002, 05:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How do I wire up my head (YumVTEC)

YumVTEC: Could you explain to me a little more on these single filament bulbs? Because I want only my headlights to come on, but I don't want to cut the constint wire for the signals. I have yet to purchase a set of JDM EK Headlights so is there any way to do this with my OEM headlights? Just I won't have the city lights yet.
Old 10-07-2002, 05:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How do I wire up my head (2NR)

YumVTEC: Could you explain to me a little more on these single filament bulbs? Because I want only my headlights to come on, but I don't want to cut the constint wire for the signals. I have yet to purchase a set of JDM EK Headlights so is there any way to do this with my OEM headlights? Just I won't have the city lights yet.
get these:

Philips Silver Visions

http://www.powerbulbs.com/products/p...offer&type=IND

Silver in color but lgiht up in amber. Single filament. This site delivers world wide for free. Many VW enthusiats use it.
Old 10-07-2002, 07:34 PM

Default Re: How do I wire up my head (Eddie HatchBlack)

Thanks.
Old 10-09-2002, 11:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How do I wire up my head (2NR)

You'll have to cut the wiring for sure...