Notices
Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

JDM ITR front clip turn signal and parking light problems. Need help please

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2004, 04:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JDM ITR front clip turn signal and parking light problems. Need help please

I've got a 99 GSR with JDM ITR front clip. The headlights that came with it (NON-HID) didn't have harnesses for the low beams. I've made that work. The problem is that the turn signals work, but the parking lights do not work. They blink with the signals, and the sidemarkers blink with the signals, but the parking lights don't light up. Also, the city lights in the headlights work when you try to turn the parking lights on. Taillights work when the switch is on the parking lights as well. Anybody got any ideas? I'd hard wire the parking lights, but I'm affraid that when the turn signals are on, it would cause a problem. Thanks for any help.
Old 05-23-2004, 08:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JDM ITR front clip turn signal and parking light problems. Need help please (jonyb)

It sounds to me like you have it set up right. I'm not too sure what you mean by parking lights. You have the turn signals, city lights and high beams, low beams, and fog lights, and of course the side markers. Only thing that should come on when you have your switch turned on is the city light and the low beam. That's how it is on JDM tegs. Turn signals and side markers only blink when your turn signal is on.
Old 05-23-2004, 09:28 AM
Darth ModerVader

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: JDM ITR front clip turn signal and parking light problems. Need help please (NWP4LIFE)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NWP4LIFE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It sounds to me like you have it set up right.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes, they're functioning exactly as they're supposed to. No need to change anything.
Old 05-23-2004, 11:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JDM ITR front clip turn signal and parking light problems. Need help please (Padawan)

hmmmm. Here is a pic of Quang's car. This is what I mean by parking lights.

Old 05-23-2004, 12:03 PM
Darth ModerVader

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: JDM ITR front clip turn signal and parking light problems. Need help please (jonyb)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jonyb &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hmmmm. Here is a pic of Quang's car. This is what I mean by parking lights.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

They're set up incorrectly. On the JDM front end, the corner lights only function as turn signals and hazards, not parking lights. If you want yours to function like that, you'll need dual-filament bulbs and sockets (the kind that the USDM corner lamps have stock) for the corner lamps. Then just wire the low-wattage portion to the parking lamps, and the high-wattage portion to turn signals.
Old 05-23-2004, 12:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JDM ITR front clip turn signal and parking light problems. Need help please (Padawan)

Great. Thanks for the help
Old 05-23-2004, 05:23 PM
DIY

the picture above is NOT jdm.. its custom... guaranteed

ive posted the info below soooooo many times this month... *sigh*

why are there so many jdm lights threads?????

1st click - driving lights
2nd click - driving lights, lowbeams

Turn signals, Side markers - ONLY come on DURING a turn
Fog lights - fog light switch in place of the CC button

^^^^ JDM Wiring.. guaranteed..

now.. to get the turns and side markers to be on the first click, and also on when not blinking, you tap into the green wire also for constant power. there are 3 wires in the US harness for your turn signal.. however you only need 2 for the jdm lights. if you just tap the green wire, then you wont have them work at all.. not even blinking.. you must tap all three. Then continue to tap those same wires for your side markers.
Old 05-23-2004, 07:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jonyb &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hmmmm. Here is a pic of Quang's car. This is what I mean by parking lights.

</TD></TR></TABLE>
that's what it looks like when you just put the usdm turn signal plugs into the jdm headlight corners. It just depends on how you want your headlights setup, no big deal.
Old 05-24-2004, 04:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JDM ITR front clip turn signal and parking light problems. Need help please (DIY)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DIY &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

ive posted the info below soooooo many times this month... *sigh*

why are there so many jdm lights threads?????

1st click - driving lights
2nd click - driving lights, lowbeams

Turn signals, Side markers - ONLY come on DURING a turn
Fog lights - fog light switch in place of the CC button

^^^^ JDM Wiring.. guaranteed..

now.. to get the turns and side markers to be on the first click, and also on when not blinking, you tap into the green wire also for constant power. there are 3 wires in the US harness for your turn signal.. however you only need 2 for the jdm lights. if you just tap the green wire, then you wont have them work at all.. not even blinking.. you must tap all three. Then continue to tap those same wires for your side markers.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's funny because I did a search on the following:

JDM ITR turn signal
JDM ITR turn signals
JDM ITR turn signal wiring
JDM ITR blinker
JDM ITR wiring
ITR wiring
ITR blinkers

Guess what? NO RESULTS FOUND

Anyway. I understand that the wiring on the car in the pic is custom. I just want my turn signal lights (the ones in the headlights) to come on with the first "click". The sidemarkers only need to work for turning. Thanks to Padawan I know what I need to do now. But thanks for trying to help anyway
Old 05-24-2004, 06:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

it's all good, but next time I suggest making your search a little more broad. Maybe type "lights" and search the archives of the type r forum.
Old 05-24-2004, 08:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JDM ITR front clip turn signal and parking light problems. Need help please (NWP4LIFE)

I ditched the jdm turn signals for usdm parking lights/turn signals....It may not be jdm, but It's legal