Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

How do I fix my headlight housing? (DIY: Black Housing Gone Wrong)

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 07:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How do I fix my headlight housing? (DIY: Black Housing Gone Wrong)

I asked gf to remove the pieces... she forgot the turn signal reflector and I did not realize until the next day, I noticed something awkward.

What is the best solution? I am thinking of taking it apart and use foil tape on the turn signal reflector. Is it worth it?
Old 08-13-2007, 07:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not sure if thatll give you the best results...id just head to your local junkyard...or grab your tools n ninja outfit and find the nearest ek
3lo

just so you know, by law every car has to have an orange reflector in front and red in the back.
NMZ
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How do I fix my headlight housing? (Azxster)

dosesnt look that bad

give your gf idb then
Old 08-13-2007, 07:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How do I fix my headlight housing? (NMZ)

go to a parts store and get some acry-sol its a spray solvent remove the black and spray it again, should work if not get diff headlights
Old 08-13-2007, 07:46 PM

Default Re: (3lo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 3lo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">just so you know, by law every car has to have an orange reflector in front and red in the back.</TD></TR></TABLE>

What do you mean by a "reflector"? I have clear corners in the front with no reflector, and all frosted white lights in the back with no reflector, and I've passed inspection. My lights light up orange in the front and red in the back if that is what you are referring to, but I don't think you have to have a reflector. (or maybe not in Missouri)

Anywho, is it the chrome housing you painted black around the turn signals?
Old 08-13-2007, 08:11 PM

Default Re: (Faze)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Faze &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">not sure if thatll give you the best results...id just head to your local junkyard...or grab your tools n ninja outfit and find the nearest ek</TD></TR></TABLE>
Are you telling him to go steal someone else's headlights?
Old 08-14-2007, 12:05 AM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: (Faze)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Faze &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">not sure if thatll give you the best results...id just head to your local junkyard...or grab your tools n ninja outfit and find the nearest ek</TD></TR></TABLE>
Fvck you too, theif.
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 3lo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">just so you know, by law every car has to have an orange reflector in front and red in the back.</TD></TR></TABLE>
It already has an orange reflector in the front...
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by highrev1987 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">go to a parts store and get some acry-sol its a spray solvent remove the black and spray it again, should work if not get diff headlights</TD></TR></TABLE>
It'd likely remove the OEM foil. He might want to look into something else or just get new lights.
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Nickboxer7 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What do you mean by a "reflector"? I have clear corners in the front with no reflector, and all frosted white lights in the back with no reflector, and I've passed inspection. My lights light up orange in the front and red in the back if that is what you are referring to, but I don't think you have to have a reflector. (or maybe not in Missouri)

Anywho, is it the chrome housing you painted black around the turn signals?</TD></TR></TABLE>
You do need to have reflectors. I can't think of ever hearing that any state allows you to not have them (all USDM cars come with them stock too). You might have just gotten lucky.
Old 08-14-2007, 06:51 PM

Default Re: (NOFX)

I am not going to steal headlights... besides it takes me a while to take off the bumper. I really hate to redo this headlight thing again. I do have reflectors, and it is by law to have them in Ontario, Canada.

Yes, I painted the chrome part of the turn signal area. I am looking for solutions to make it look normal, such as using aluminum foil tape. You guys think it looks okay?
Old 08-14-2007, 07:44 PM
SlowCivic29

looks sorta okay..

id still think it would look better fixed, but i wouldnt rush on it, just wait till u stumble on some headlights and that nite ur girlfriend has a headache..
Old 08-14-2007, 08:32 PM

Default Re: (Azxster)

I actually think it looks kind of neat, but not sure how well it will light up now. It might be really dim during the day.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:34 PM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: (Nickboxer7)

For a temp fix you could get aluminum or chrome duct tape and place it in the recess where the turn signal bulb sits.