Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

honda civic 1998 back bumper damage

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 08:02 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon2 honda civic 1998 back bumper damage

I was in a car accident this morning. The red light was on and the driver in the back crashed into my car. The back bumper was badly damaged. However, I was not in my right mind at that time and let that person go ! My insurance is not two way, so they will not cover for it. Now, what should I do ? Can anybody estimate how much it may cost me to fix this ? I am a new driver with almost mo experience. Please help.
Old 02-03-2015, 05:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: honda civic 1998 back bumper damage

That's just the bumper cover. The real bumper is underneath. Your right rear corner is pushed in too. That will make it harder to get the bumper to fit.
-------------

If you want it fixed right then it'll probable cost more than the vehicle is worth because the rear corners are part of the structure of the car and cost major money to fix.

If you can live with a dented corner and want to spend $200-1000 then you can source a bumper and get a paint shop to paint it with factory paint (low end) but, it won't quite match the rest of the car. Or you can source a bumper and have it paint matched on the car (high end).

If you have little money and can live with a messed up bumper and dented corner then either buy new clips and screws here: BUMPER for 1998 Honda CIVIC SEDAN or (I can't believe I'm gonna says this) just get some screws out of the garage and reattach the bumper.
-------------

Your bumper is discontinued from Honda so you either have to find a salvage one or an aftermarket one. And unless you can find one in your color salvage you're probably going to have to paint it. Aftermarket body panels usually come in black "primer".

nationwide salvage listings: Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market

cheapest parts in the land is you live near one and they have what you want: Pick-n-Pull » Check Inventory

Don't forget resources like ebay (for salvage and aftermarket) or craiglist (parts cars). nationwide CL search engine: Ad Hunt'r - Search ALL of Craigslist? and more!
-------------

*Also, make sure to replace the actual metal bumper underneath if it's damaged too.