Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Help needed

 
Old 05-24-2019, 09:04 PM
  #1  
Trial User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 7
Default Help needed

I am having an issue with my #1 cylinder missing after the car is warm, I get no codes for it but sometimes car goes into limp mode with a solid check engine light with the jumper jumped to read codes, turn the car off and turn it back on and itís no longer in limp mode. Car has new timing belt, head gasket, spark plugs, distributor, and rotor in the distributor.
Clittle2670 is offline  
Old 05-25-2019, 04:58 AM
  #2  
Honda-Tech Member
 
muellersfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 974
Default Re: Help needed

Car? stock? mods?

What makes you believe cyl #1 is missing?

Code zero indicates the ECU has a power or ground issue or is bad.
muellersfan is offline  
Old 05-25-2019, 09:45 AM
  #3  
Trial User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 7
Default Re: Help needed

Car is stock. I can pull injector plug or spark plug wire and it doesnít change the way it runs. I donít really know what ground to check other than possible battery ground. Trans ground looks to have never been taken off, and valve cover ground is fine.
Clittle2670 is offline  
Old 05-25-2019, 09:47 AM
  #4  
Trial User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 7
Default Re: Help needed

Originally Posted by muellersfan View Post
Car? stock? mods?

What makes you believe cyl #1 is missing?

Code zero indicates the ECU has a power or ground issue or is bad.
But is only when car gets warm
Clittle2670 is offline  
Old 05-25-2019, 09:58 AM
  #5  
Trial User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 7
Default Re: Help needed

Originally Posted by muellersfan View Post
Car? stock? mods?

What makes you believe cyl #1 is missing?

Code zero indicates the ECU has a power or ground issue or is bad.
Battery isnít correct battery, I did pull the ground cable off when I was putting the stock head back on(someone had tried the mini me swap with a z6 head and I felt It was better to stay stock at first) and have had this issue since.
Clittle2670 is offline  
Old 05-25-2019, 10:21 AM
  #6  
Honda-Tech Member
 
linkdeezie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 304
Default Re: Help needed

Do a compression check. and check the Injector on that cylinder. If there is no change when you take off the spark plug wire and its firing, then its either your compression or fuel on that cylinder.
linkdeezie is offline  
Old 05-25-2019, 10:34 AM
  #7  
Trial User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 7
Default Re: Help needed

Originally Posted by linkdeezie View Post
Do a compression check. and check the Injector on that cylinder. If there is no change when you take off the spark plug wire and its firing, then its either your compression or fuel on that cylinder.
The injector is good. Still the same even when I swap the injector. But only when car is when when it does it which is what baffles me.
Clittle2670 is offline  
Old 05-25-2019, 08:00 PM
  #8  
Honda-Tech Member
 
chrysler kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Plano, Texas, USA
Posts: 1,435
Default Re: Help needed

Originally Posted by Clittle2670 View Post
Car is stock. I can pull injector plug or spark plug wire and it doesnít change the way it runs. I donít really know what ground to check other than possible battery ground. Trans ground looks to have never been taken off, and valve cover ground is fine.

What year and engine does your car have. Automatic?? Vtec? Etc
chrysler kid is online now  
Old 05-25-2019, 08:19 PM
  #9  
Honda-Tech Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The South - Roll Tide !!!
Posts: 3,430
Default Re: Help needed

Check your valve adjustment. That cylinder could be slightly too tight and when cold function properly, but when the engine warms up, the materials grow and can push the valve open slightly losing compression in that cylinder creating the miss that you have described here.
JRCivic1 is offline  
Old 05-26-2019, 04:19 AM
  #10  
Honda-Tech Member
 
muellersfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 974
Default Re: Help needed

Originally Posted by Clittle2670 View Post
I can pull injector plug or spark plug wire and it doesn’t change the way it runs.
Disconnecting a spark plug with the engine running is an extremely efficient way to blow the ignition coil.

Check whether Cyl 1 spark plug has bright white spark when the engine misfires.

I don’t really know what ground to check other than possible battery ground. Trans ground looks to have never been taken off, and valve cover ground is fine.
A disconnected valve cover or battery ground would not throw code 0, but an intermittent poor connection at the trans or thermostat ground could.

An intermittent poor connection in a wire harness connector affecting power or ground to the ECU would also throw code 0.
muellersfan is offline  
Old 05-26-2019, 01:10 PM
  #11  
Trial User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 7
Default Re: Help needed

Originally Posted by chrysler kid View Post
What year and engine does your car have. Automatic?? Vtec? Etc
Car is a 1995 Civic. Its automatic with a b15b7
Clittle2670 is offline  
Old 05-26-2019, 01:10 PM
  #12  
Trial User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 7
Default Re: Help needed

Originally Posted by JRCivic1 View Post
Check your valve adjustment. That cylinder could be slightly too tight and when cold function properly, but when the engine warms up, the materials grow and can push the valve open slightly losing compression in that cylinder creating the miss that you have described here.
Do you know the specs for the adjustment? And procedure for doing so?
Clittle2670 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: