Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/)
-   -   Help needed (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/help-needed-3337298/)

Clittle2670 05-24-2019 09:04 PM

Help needed

I am having an issue with my #1 cylinder missing after the car is warm, I get no codes for it but sometimes car goes into limp mode with a solid check engine light with the jumper jumped to read codes, turn the car off and turn it back on and it’s no longer in limp mode. Car has new timing belt, head gasket, spark plugs, distributor, and rotor in the distributor.

muellersfan 05-25-2019 04:58 AM

Re: Help needed

Car? stock? mods?

What makes you believe cyl #1 is missing?

Code zero indicates the ECU has a power or ground issue or is bad.

Clittle2670 05-25-2019 09:45 AM

Car is stock. I can pull injector plug or spark plug wire and it doesn’t change the way it runs. I don’t really know what ground to check other than possible battery ground. Trans ground looks to have never been taken off, and valve cover ground is fine.

Clittle2670 05-25-2019 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by muellersfan (Post 51938327)
Car? stock? mods?

But is only when car gets warm

Clittle2670 05-25-2019 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by muellersfan (Post 51938327)
Car? stock? mods?

Battery isn’t correct battery, I did pull the ground cable off when I was putting the stock head back on(someone had tried the mini me swap with a z6 head and I felt It was better to stay stock at first) and have had this issue since.

linkdeezie 05-25-2019 10:21 AM

Do a compression check. and check the Injector on that cylinder. If there is no change when you take off the spark plug wire and its firing, then its either your compression or fuel on that cylinder.

Clittle2670 05-25-2019 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by linkdeezie (Post 51938410)
Do a compression check. and check the Injector on that cylinder. If there is no change when you take off the spark plug wire and its firing, then its either your compression or fuel on that cylinder.

The injector is good. Still the same even when I swap the injector. But only when car is when when it does it which is what baffles me.

chrysler kid 05-25-2019 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Clittle2670 (Post 51938396)
Car is stock. I can pull injector plug or spark plug wire and it doesn’t change the way it runs. I don’t really know what ground to check other than possible battery ground. Trans ground looks to have never been taken off, and valve cover ground is fine.

What year and engine does your car have. Automatic?? Vtec? Etc

JRCivic1 05-25-2019 08:19 PM

Check your valve adjustment. That cylinder could be slightly too tight and when cold function properly, but when the engine warms up, the materials grow and can push the valve open slightly losing compression in that cylinder creating the miss that you have described here.

muellersfan 05-26-2019 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by Clittle2670 (Post 51938396)
I can pull injector plug or spark plug wire and it doesn’t change the way it runs.

Disconnecting a spark plug with the engine running is an extremely efficient way to blow the ignition coil.

Check whether Cyl 1 spark plug has bright white spark when the engine misfires.

I don’t really know what ground to check other than possible battery ground. Trans ground looks to have never been taken off, and valve cover ground is fine.
A disconnected valve cover or battery ground would not throw code 0, but an intermittent poor connection at the trans or thermostat ground could.

An intermittent poor connection in a wire harness connector affecting power or ground to the ECU would also throw code 0.

Clittle2670 05-26-2019 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by chrysler kid (Post 51938524)
What year and engine does your car have. Automatic?? Vtec? Etc

Car is a 1995 Civic. Its automatic with a b15b7

Clittle2670 05-26-2019 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by JRCivic1 (Post 51938532)
Check your valve adjustment. That cylinder could be slightly too tight and when cold function properly, but when the engine warms up, the materials grow and can push the valve open slightly losing compression in that cylinder creating the miss that you have described here.

Do you know the specs for the adjustment? And procedure for doing so?