Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Help me out CDM and UKDM...Are there OEM seat warmers?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 09:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Help me out CDM and UKDM...Are there OEM seat warmers?

I was wondering if there were any OEM seat warmers for any of the 6th gen civics? I've tried to find them but it doesn't seem to be a popular or easy to find item.

My drive to work is only about 10 minutes long...so it's just enough to where my heater only kicks good for the second half of the trip. Seat warmers are pretty instant...thought I might look into it and see if I can stay OEM and not have to order one of the universal kits or anything.

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:41 AM
Oh look, I can change this

Received 131 Likes on 105 Posts
Default Re: Help me out CDM and UKDM...Are there OEM seat warmers?

Yes, there were OEM seat heaters in the 98-00 Acura 1.6EL (Canada ONLY), as well as some EDM 96-00 Civics. Sourcing the heaters will be a pain, plus 90's seat heaters are notoriously unreliable. However, if you're interested in a setup using a mix of aftermarket and OEM parts, follow my DIY for it ... link is in my sig.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks! You have some good DIY write-ups I didn't know you had one for seat warmers. Good stuff. Definitely don't want something unreliable...and ig they're that rare...as you mentioned sourcing the parts seems pretty difficult.
Old 01-05-2011, 12:20 PM
Oh look, I can change this

Received 131 Likes on 105 Posts

Yeah definitely don't waste your time hunting for the OEM seat heaters; just get the aftermarket ones. However, the OEM switches will be *fairly* easy to locate if you call around to a few Canadian auto wreckers and ask if they have an Acura 1.6EL Premium. That is, if you don't mind the single switch and not the 2-in-1 that I use in my write-up, which is harder to find. I would start by calling around the Toronto area - probably have the most luck there. There ARE other vehicles with the same switch but the EL is the most obvious choice.

I've attached the wiring diagram for the OEM seat heaters; credit for these goes to the user "Thomas@tunerSPEC.ca" on the forum ClubEL.ca. Here is the original page with the link - there's some good information there in the whole thread so be sure to read it.

Also, I HAVE FIXED AN ERROR IN THE ORIGINAL DIAGRAMS. The WHT/GRN wire connects to FUSE 2 not 3. I suspected as much and was proven right by cross-referencing with the EDM 96-00 Civic heated seat wiring (which I only have in Spanish). Because the diagrams don't show where to connect the wiring at the fuse box (ie., connector # and PIN #), I also added this information by looking it up in the 96-00 Civic ETM. The rest is up to you. Good luck!
Attached Images
Old 01-05-2011, 03:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Lol...UK diagrams in spanish?

Thanks alot man this is gonna help alot...if I don't have time to get them in before winter is over here...it will definitely be a fall project up and coming.

That is the only thing about my little bros tahoe that I envy.