Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Help! 94 Civic Start UP Clicking and dead battery and fuel pump surging

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2004, 05:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! 94 Civic Start UP Clicking and dead battery and fuel pump surging

Summary: Car won't start. Fill battery with water and slow charge. I turn key to the run position (2 clicks), it makes lots of clicking sounds then everythings slowly dies as it keeps making clicking sounds. I tried to start it with my booster pack after that, but same clicking and no starting.

Background to problem: I bought the car used, so there is some mystery as to what has been maintained and what hasn't. Anyway, I left my lights on at work one day, which led to me needing a boost that afternoon. The next day i drove my car to work it acted normally in the morning, but when leaving from work the battery was dead again. I checked and didn't leave any lights on. I got a boost and drove home. Tried to start it as soon as I got home, that's when what i described above started happening.
Old 10-25-2004, 06:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Help! 94 Civic Start UP Clicking and dead battery and fuel pump surging (julsal)

First thing I would try was a simple jump start. If it starts, drive it around for awhile and see if the battery re-charges. From what you are describing it probably wont. You probably killed your battery and it needs to be replaced. To verify this, get a jump, drive to autozone and have them test the battery/alternator to determine which is bad. That clicking sound you hear is quite normal with a dead battery.