Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

headliner removal

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2003, 08:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default headliner removal

anyone do this before? easy/hard? did it look right when you put it back on? thanks
Old 07-10-2003, 09:35 AM

Default Re: headliner removal (HuskerHybrid)

noone knows?
Old 07-10-2003, 09:51 AM

it's somewhat of a long process, but it isn't difficult...you have to remove the rubber strips that go around the doors, the A-pillar trim panel, the rear rubber strip between the head liner and the rear window, and i think the B and C-pillar trim panels. they all have clips on the inside that you just have to either pry or pull gently...use a screwdriver if you have one that fits in. and with the rubber trim, start at the ends and pull slowly or you'll stretch it and it won't go back very nicely. just be patient... i pulled everything out of the inside of my car but the carpet and the e-brake handle once...oh, the steering wheel was still connected but it was on the floor. it was quite an experience. i wanted to dye my entire interior cuz i was sick of that lame gray color in my EG...now it's all black and silver. it looks really f*cking cool now...

good luck
Old 07-10-2003, 11:27 AM

Default Re: headliner removal (S8P-tuner)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by S8P-tuner &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it's somewhat of a long process, but it isn't difficult...you have to remove the rubber strips that go around the doors, the A-pillar trim panel, the rear rubber strip between the head liner and the rear window, and i think the B and C-pillar trim panels. they all have clips on the inside that you just have to either pry or pull gently...use a screwdriver if you have one that fits in. and with the rubber trim, start at the ends and pull slowly or you'll stretch it and it won't go back very nicely. just be patient... i pulled everything out of the inside of my car but the carpet and the e-brake handle once...oh, the steering wheel was still connected but it was on the floor. it was quite an experience. i wanted to dye my entire interior cuz i was sick of that lame gray color in my EG...now it's all black and silver. it looks really f*cking cool now...

good luck</TD></TR></TABLE>

thanks for the info, i'd be interested in seeing pics of your interior
Old 07-10-2003, 06:45 PM

i'll get something up here as soon as i get home... i'm really happy with it, though...i also wired in a whole bunch of red LEDs on all three pillar trim panels and behind my dash...it was pretty easy with the whole sonofabitch out of the car! i'll take some pics and put them up. i'm in texas right now and i should be home either this weekend or early next week...