Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

hEAD LIGHT QUESTION

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 08:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hEAD LIGHT QUESTION

i just got a set of dinji headlights for my 92 honda civic hatch back and i was wondering if anybody can tell me a good set of bulbs to use that will last a while and make them bright. Thanks for any help thats givin.

Modified by duneracer69 at 8:57 AM 12/10/2006
Old 12-09-2006, 08:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hEAD LIGHT QUESTION (duneracer69)

hid retrofit
Old 12-09-2006, 09:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hEAD LIGHT QUESTION (RARE_EG2)

where can you find those Thanks
Old 12-09-2006, 09:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

bmw , audi , infiniti , lexus.... do a search on retro fitting you will find something helpfull
Old 12-09-2006, 09:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hEAD LIGHT QUESTION (be8teensee1)

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1800097
here you go i did the searching
Old 12-09-2006, 09:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hEAD LIGHT QUESTION (be8teensee1)

wow that seems like a lot of work
Old 12-09-2006, 10:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got to put this on a clipboard, copy/paste.

If you wanna stay away from the expensive *** HID conversion. Sylvania silverstars!!!!!

903's will fit ur car.

W00t, double for them, 28.99 from autozone or advance auto.
Old 12-09-2006, 10:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Syndacate)

well man i just wanted to no a good brand to use or what people have had good luck with
Old 12-09-2006, 10:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (duneracer69)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by duneracer69 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well man i just wanted to no a good brand to use or what people have had good luck with</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's a good brand...and I've had GREAT luck w/ them...
Old 12-09-2006, 10:36 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I got to put this on a clipboard, copy/paste.

If you wanna stay away from the expensive *** HID conversion. Sylvania silverstars!!!!!

903's will fit ur car.

W00t, double for them, 28.99 from autozone or advance auto.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You know, there's alot of debate about the Silverstars not lasting very long and overall having shitty output.

My opinion is that I think people overhype them into thinking they are close to HID's and then get let down when they dont perform to thier expectations.

I've personally owned 2 sets when I had my Integra, and I have a set right now in my Civic and I love them for the money. They arent HID's, nor anything close...but as far as widely available headlight bulbs they work perfect for what they are. As far as blowouts go, The first set in my Integra lasted over a year and a half, and the second set was on a bit over a year when I sold the car and were still working fine. They've been in my Civic for about 8 months and are working fine.

So all in all, I reccomend them also! A tad expensive, but I personally think they're worth it. They're available in ALOT of sizes, and they sell them as a pair or you can buy them in a single pack. Another good thing is they're available basically everywhere you can buy regular headlights. They even come in nifty packaging that kinda sets them apart from the rest. Definitely easy to "spot" in the stores so you shouldnt have any trouble finding them.

Not to be a dick though, but cool out with the CAPS LOCK brotha! It makes people think you're yelling at them, and you'll most likely catch alot of boolshit from other users. I'm actually surprised nobody said anything about it in the thread yet haha.
Old 12-09-2006, 10:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if you just want "hella bright bulbs" buy an HID kit.

HID's + non-HID headlights = super mother f'ing bright.

for just regular bulbs that aren't "hella bright" that blind people, but are nice n crisp, pick up some "Nokya Arctic White" bulbs (just ebay that set of words)

i love mine
way more than sylvannia silverstars (one of mine burnt out after only a month )
Old 12-09-2006, 10:48 PM

Default Re: (Tatakai)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tatakai &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if you just want "hella bright bulbs" buy an HID kit.

HID's + non-HID headlights = super mother f'ing bright.

for just regular bulbs that aren't "hella bright" that blind people, but are nice n crisp, pick up some "Nokya Arctic White" bulbs (just ebay that set of words)

i love mine
way more than sylvannia silverstars (one of mine burnt out after only a month )</TD></TR></TABLE>

Only problem with those Ebay bulbs is that if you need to replace one, you have to order it online. Honestly...who the expletive orders headlight BULBS offline? I think thats a bit too much work and I've seen both firsthand and the light difference really isnt that dramatic. Unless you have HID's, all the bulbs relatively look the same.

Don't get me wrong..they arent "shitty" bulbs or anything, I just personally think that ordering bulbs off the internet isn't very practical unless you're getting them super cheap and buying in bulk. I'd hate to have a bulb blow on me and I have to wait a week till my new order gets delivered. I don't want you to think im bashing YOU personally because you got bulbs offline...I mean if you have the patience and "care" to get bulbs that way then more power to ya!

And thats weird that you say your Silverstars blew out quickly. Not pointing fingers but you could have touched the glass with your fingers by accident. But in your defense, there are MANY people that have also claimed the Silverstars blew out way prematurely but I've personally owned sets for well over a year with no problems at all. Guess there's just "good" ones and "bad" ones.
Old 12-10-2006, 12:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (I Shot 50 Cent)

oh, no no, if you have a local "speed shop" they should have them. they're a japanese company, very good. on ebay they often throw in "JDM" in the headline (well, technically they are JDM) i bought mine at a shop 30 mins from me, but i know you can get them on ebay as well. i've owned a set of Nokya's bought online, and a set bought offline. Both are/were excellent

i put my bulbs in with gloves, and my gf-at-the-time had them put in by a mechanic shop. i blew one of mine in a month, and shortly after she blew one of hers. also a guy i used to hang out with had both of his blow (within a week) after 3 months of use. so as far as personal experience, sylvannia get's a

and i like your tone, a lot of people on HT WOULD be pointing fingers and bashing. everyone has their own opinions on products, that's what this thread is about
Old 12-10-2006, 02:14 AM

Default Re: (Tatakai)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tatakai &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">oh, no no, if you have a local "speed shop" they should have them. they're a japanese company, very good. on ebay they often throw in "JDM" in the headline (well, technically they are JDM) i bought mine at a shop 30 mins from me, but i know you can get them on ebay as well. i've owned a set of Nokya's bought online, and a set bought offline. Both are/were excellent

i put my bulbs in with gloves, and my gf-at-the-time had them put in by a mechanic shop. i blew one of mine in a month, and shortly after she blew one of hers. also a guy i used to hang out with had both of his blow (within a week) after 3 months of use. so as far as personal experience, sylvannia get's a

and i like your tone, a lot of people on HT WOULD be pointing fingers and bashing. everyone has their own opinions on products, that's what this thread is about </TD></TR></TABLE>

EXACTLY! I'm glad you pointed that out man. I'm certainly not here to bash and to each his own for parts. The two of us made a perfect point as far as myself saying that the Silverstars worked perfectly in my situation, and you by saying you've had nothing but bad experiences. Both posts will help out the OP with his choice. Good to see someone else on HT that can voice his opinion without offending someone else. to you!
Old 12-10-2006, 03:00 AM

a set of x-tra visions would do you well, they are brighter and last longer.

only thing is, they don't have that "blue-hue" to it....

but u just want brightness.... so x-tra visions should work

also people have said that philips x-treme power are also good bulbs...
Old 12-10-2006, 08:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hEAD LIGHT QUESTION (bpr0422)

thanks for all the opinons guys and thanks for being helpful
Old 12-10-2006, 08:10 AM
HT White Ops

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

read the link in my sig ... and try to absorb as much information as youc an.
Old 12-10-2006, 08:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (I Shot 50 Cent)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by I Shot 50 Cent &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You know, there's alot of debate about the Silverstars not lasting very long and overall having shitty output.

My opinion is that I think people overhype them into thinking they are close to HID's and then get let down when they dont perform to thier expectations.

I've personally owned 2 sets when I had my Integra, and I have a set right now in my Civic and I love them for the money. They arent HID's, nor anything close...but as far as widely available headlight bulbs they work perfect for what they are. As far as blowouts go, The first set in my Integra lasted over a year and a half, and the second set was on a bit over a year when I sold the car and were still working fine. They've been in my Civic for about 8 months and are working fine.

So all in all, I reccomend them also! A tad expensive, but I personally think they're worth it. They're available in ALOT of sizes, and they sell them as a pair or you can buy them in a single pack. Another good thing is they're available basically everywhere you can buy regular headlights. They even come in nifty packaging that kinda sets them apart from the rest. Definitely easy to "spot" in the stores so you shouldnt have any trouble finding them.

Not to be a dick though, but cool out with the CAPS LOCK brotha! It makes people think you're yelling at them, and you'll most likely catch alot of boolshit from other users. I'm actually surprised nobody said anything about it in the thread yet haha.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Where did I use caps ??

Anyway. Visually they have performed up to my expectations. I don't know about the longevity of them because I haven't had them more than two weeks. With that said for 28.99 for the double set duel filament they're perfect for my needs. Or you can get brighter ones by shifting the decimal point over one place to the right (so it reads 289.90) and get HID's.

For not having HID's, these bulbs are the ****.

Though I suppose it's all a matter of opinion.

I wasn't part of an overhype. I simply wanted brighter headlights, then I simply went to advance auto (without doing ANY research in any way, shape, or form) and asked if there's a way I can get brighter bulbs in my car w/o doing an HID conversion. He asked me the year/make/model, went to the shelf, picked up the 903's, I installed them the next day, and are very satisfied with them so far.

I wasn't all like "ahh **** *****, got bright azz ricer bulbs now, ****'s gonna be bright as the sunnnnnnnn!!!!"

Old 12-10-2006, 08:55 AM
HT White Ops

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I still maintain that GE Nighthawk's significantly out-perform Sylvania SilverStars in every aspect. They put out more light, the light is more pleasing to the eye, it provides more visibility (due to the lack of blue), and the Nighthawks have outlasted any pair of SilverStars I've ever owned. Before I found Nighthawks, I had used SilverStars for years.

PS - It's 9003, not 903
Old 12-10-2006, 12:58 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Where did I use caps ??

I wasn't part of an overhype.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

haha Im sorry man. I meant the OP. After I reread my thread I can see how it looked like I was talking to you about the CAPS. I also didnt intend to accuse you personally of falling into the hype although I dont think you took it that way anyways.

Just lettin you know that its alllll gravy, and we have the same exact opinion of the Silverstars.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:47 PM

hey ive got a question ???i was gonna use d2r hid bulbs in my eg ,but what about the ballast ? where would you mount them? are they affected by the weather ? what if moister gets to them ? and , if someones got the answer how did u cover them up, protect them ????
Old 12-11-2006, 03:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hEAD LIGHT QUESTION (velocit)

GE Nighthawk's FTW! I had 2 sets of silverstars in less than 8 months. This set of Nighthawk's has lasted me almost a year with no problems and have better light output. Couldnt be happier!
Old 12-11-2006, 04:04 PM
can I haz?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I got to put this on a clipboard, copy/paste.

903's will fit ur car.

W00t, double for them, 28.99 from autozone or advance auto.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i have had nothing but problems with these lights in MY 06 RSX Type S, they dont tend to last longer than a month and a half for me
Old 12-11-2006, 06:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hEAD LIGHT QUESTION (velocit)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by velocit &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hey ive got a question ???i was gonna use d2r hid bulbs in my eg ,but what about the ballast ? where would you mount them? are they affected by the weather ? what if moister gets to them ? and , if someones got the answer how did u cover them up, protect them ???? </TD></TR></TABLE>
not a good idea...get some projectors also.