Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Hardrace motor mounts.

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 04:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hardrace motor mounts.

I searched and there are only a few threads about these motor mounts.

Having previously purchased and installed a Hardrace master bushing set on my GS-R swapped 95 hatch with great results I at least went in knowing that they would be quality items...I have full confidence that both the motor mounts and suspension bushings will last at least as long as the oem ones while being slightly firmer (but never harsh like urethane)

I bought these mounts after having bought some Avid billet mounts (street bushings) and being completely unhappy with them, they didn't fit right and vibrated the **** out of my car, especially with the A/C on...The hardrace mounts fell just as good as the avid's in terms of shifting precision and motor shift on hard accel and decel, but vibrates and resonates in the car just BARELY more than the oem ones...I like these better than the Hasport street mounts i had in my EF too.

Just thought i would throw a little feedback out there, these mounts are only available on Ebay as far as i know...$243 shipped.

Old 07-08-2010, 04:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hardrace motor mounts.

and i guess i should reiterate, all of hardrace's bushings are rubber, like oem..but stiffer rubber, like you would find in a Mugen bushing.(probably even a little stiffer).

And the trailing arm bushings are AWESOME.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks like OEM mounts with stickers on them....

I wouldnt bother with them, but its your money.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Gunmetal_B20_Hatch
looks like OEM mounts with stickers on them....

I wouldnt bother with them, but its your money.

Thanks for your (worthless) input...That is why i posted this thread,...to clear up misinformation. While these do appear similar to oem mounts in a small picture, the material is noticeably firmer and the lower torque mounts are of a different design, all of the mounts have smaller gaps (ie thicker AND firmer rubber) and my motor moves far less than with oem mounts.

At the very least, they are a good alternative to new oem's, because they are half the price.
Old 07-08-2010, 06:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the whole point of new racing motor mounts are to be stiff so you don't get any play? its supposed to vibrate, that's what a solid mount does. oem mounts are made so you don't get that vibration, but at the same time the motor shakes and sizzles when it shouldn't, it should be ridged and stiff. seems like a waste if it doesn't vibrate..............
Old 07-08-2010, 06:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Del Namco Solo
the whole point of new racing motor mounts are to be stiff so you don't get any play? its supposed to vibrate, that's what a solid mount does. oem mounts are made so you don't get that vibration, but at the same time the motor shakes and sizzles when it shouldn't, it should be ridged and stiff. seems like a waste if it doesn't vibrate..............
If you would READ my post, this is addressed..These mounts hold the motor in place every bit as well as a Hasport or Avid mount set with street bushings....The magic is in the lower torque mounts.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

how much are they? where do you get them?seems Like an ok alternative to stock mounts if they are significantly cheaper than OEM/solid race mount.
Old 07-08-2010, 09:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Instead of posting opinions and vague statements of just saying the rubber is stiffer and smaller gaps, side by side pictures and durometer ratings or however they measure the stiffness of rubber would be a little more accurate.

You're both technically right. I'm not a fan of solid mounts, they rattle too much and it's annoying. However that will be inherent with upgraded mounts since to hold the motor from rocking, it has to be firmer and thus it will vibrate.

I have not personally bought solid mounts, I've only ridden in a car with them. I know there are alternatives such as Energy Suspension inserts, poly torque bushings, filling mounts with various adhesives. This is but another that exists.
Old 07-08-2010, 09:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by thumper64
Instead of posting opinions and vague statements of just saying the rubber is stiffer and smaller gaps, side by side pictures and durometer ratings or however they measure the stiffness of rubber would be a little more accurate.

You're both technically right. I'm not a fan of solid mounts, they rattle too much and it's annoying. However that will be inherent with upgraded mounts since to hold the motor from rocking, it has to be firmer and thus it will vibrate.

I have not personally bought solid mounts, I've only ridden in a car with them. I know there are alternatives such as Energy Suspension inserts, poly torque bushings, filling mounts with various adhesives. This is but another that exists.
Well for starters, i'm not going to pull mounts out of my car just to take pictures and I don't really have a way to test durometer readings, nor does hardrace provide them..

Anyway thats why I posted this thread, to express my opinion from my ACTUAL experience with these (as well as the other sets) as an alternative set of mounts., I'm in no way suggesting that people should put these in their 700hp drag car, but for the average street car these mounts do really have the best balance of stiffness/vibration/fitment.

I guess if i forgot this is Honda-Tech, where if isn't shiny or anodized purple, people aren't interested.
Old 07-08-2010, 11:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by StylishDOHC
where if isn't shiny or anodized purple, people aren't interested.
POWDERCOAT FTW!!!

LOL
Old 07-09-2010, 02:19 AM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I have a set of these. Does exactly what advertise. Had them for 4 years now. Keeps the engine in place and not a lot of real vibration over stock. I thought this alternative would be better than inserts and less expensive than brands like Avid or Hasport but perform better than OEM. Haven't been disappointed.
Old 07-09-2010, 06:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/96-00...Q5fAccessories i recommend these and love them.... they look alil beefier and have soft polyurethane inserts from energy suspension. the ones above just look alil better then stock and would knock some of the vibration down because they still have holes to give some. depends all on the power your expecting to push.
Old 07-09-2010, 07:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hardrace make some very great products with sperical bushings
Old 07-09-2010, 08:18 AM
Retired Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by grumblemarc
I have a set of these. Does exactly what advertise. Had them for 4 years now. Keeps the engine in place and not a lot of real vibration over stock. I thought this alternative would be better than inserts and less expensive than brands like Avid or Hasport but perform better than OEM. Haven't been disappointed.
I love my set