Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

h22>eg hasport pass side tranny mount install pics

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 08:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default h22>eg hasport pass side tranny mount install pics

since i was unable to find many pics of this at all, i thought i would throw some up for anyone that searches for it later.
these pics are more or less a "how to" on removing the pass side frame rail bracket. i have not yet drilled the upper holes that allow you to bolt the new bracket on.
i used a 3/8 machine screw drill to remove all the spot welds. a spot weld drill bit would have worked better. they cost money and these drill bits were free so i used them. my drill i used was a ryobi 18v lithium. a corded drill would most likley work better do to more torque but my drill worked fine.

1st step is to locate all the spot welds and ***** punch the center of them.

2nd-is to start drilling them out 1 by 1. try your best to not drill all the way into the frame.

3rd- get a pry bar or screw driver and hammer it under the mount to see if the spot weld s bond has been broken.

4th- once all spots welds are known to be free you can start hammering on the mount to knock it loose.

5th-i had bent the metal a little while prying the mount loose so i had to hammer the metal back straight. not everyone will have to do this. no picture
6th- from underneath look at the frame rail, you will see 2 threaded holes(ill take a pic later and edit my post) locate the new bracket over these 2 holes.

that is where im at right now. i will have to drill 2 holes up top in order to thread bolts down through the frame and out the other side of the mount. its best to mock up your engine and tranny BEFORE drilling to make sure you have the holes in the best location possible.
adam jeffery

Last edited by farfrumugen; 04-17-2011 at 08:58 AM. Reason: pics didnt load