Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Gsr in a ek flucating idle and sudden lack of power

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 12:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gsr in a ek flucating idle and sudden lack of power

This has been occuring since I put in the motor and I have tried several things to repair this issue,but am still left empty handed.

First and foremost its a 99 civic ex with 94 gsr swap,converted to obd1 on a PW0

The car has a slight hickup/mis at idle and you can feel the idle dropping and raising. If you stare at the tach long enough and can see it slightly fluctuate.

Also when driving everything will be running smooth,when out of no where it feels like the car has been cut off and im just coasting in gear to a halt. The problem goes away when I increase in acceleration but at the same time I encounter a large jump of the engine,as if it just powered back on.

The engine runs strong when you get on it even though I am still running the B16 ecu. It did the same thing on my P73 but I traded that because of the knock sensor was giving me problems.

I have swapped the guts out of the distributor with another one I had. I have adjusted and replace the TPS, I have checked the IAT(top wire,closest to the release clip measued 4.7 volts,bottom was ground), I have replaced the map sensor. I have swapped in a new engine harness from a si.

I have no check engine lights and to be honest I am clueless as of now. It seems like the distributor is faulty but im iffy on purchasing a new one. Any input is appreciated.

Last edited by jaredvabeach; 09-19-2009 at 12:33 PM.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Gsr in a ek flucating idle and sudden lack of power

still need help. just recently got code 1,which I do not understand why,the sensor is plugged in and was in known good condition.