Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Go go or No go? Part Deuce(2)

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 10:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Go go or No go? Part Deuce(2)

Well as some of you might know I had a part 1 to this about a trade. Thanx to some people and syndicate I decided to keep my ****. Screw it, ill just go DOHC on my Ej8. Well now some idea came into mind. Im tired of having my turbo laying around and all and wanted to hear some opinions on if it would be safe to run it without a tune. Or lets say run it on a basemap. I have a walbro fuel pump and dsm injectors but don't want to install them if im not gonna tune it. Can I just slap that turbo on at about maybe 5 psi and run stock injectors and a basemap on chrome and be okay? And later when I have some dough slap the rest of the stuff and dyno it? Or should I just wait. Cuz thos **** might start collecting dust so I rather slap it on and run 5psi or something then having it laying around. What do you guys think?
Old 08-10-2008, 10:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Go go or No go? Part Deuce(2) (mortificationrock)

It's possible that it will run fine, but I wouldn't risk it. If you have all the parts, why not just pay the 200 or so to have it tuned? That way you know it'll be fine.
Old 08-10-2008, 10:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Go go or No go? Part Deuce(2) (alacard)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by alacard &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It's possible that it will run fine, but I wouldn't risk it. If you have all the parts, why not just pay the 200 or so to have it tuned? That way you know it'll be fine.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well its about 200-300 bux to tune it. Cash I don't have right about now. I might have it for next month but then again I have to smog my car by 10/27/08. And I was thinking to get the smog dealt with first then slap the turbo on so I don't have any problems with the smog test. I guess I might just wait, but man.......its tempting. Everytime I see my Greddy Turbo Kit Box I could swear I hear the BOV in my head.
Old 08-10-2008, 11:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Go go or No go? Part Deuce(2) (mortificationrock)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mortificationrock &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Well its about 200-300 bux to tune it. Cash I don't have right about now. I might have it for next month but then again I have to smog my car by 10/27/08. And I was thinking to get the smog dealt with first then slap the turbo on so I don't have any problems with the smog test. I guess I might just wait, but man.......its tempting. Everytime I see my Greddy Turbo Kit Box I could swear I hear the BOV in my head. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Haha, yeah I know how that is. But it isn't worth doing it the wrong way. Especially if you have to smog soon.