Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Getting No Spark

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2004, 10:42 AM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting No Spark

Im getting no spark in my LS swapped hatchback,...ive switched out the distributor and still no spark,...any ideas?
Old 07-31-2004, 01:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Getting No Spark (2.0 EK)

does it crank? check fuses
Old 07-31-2004, 03:00 PM
New User

Default Re: Getting No Spark (handa)

ive checked all fuses,...replaced the cap, rotor, and the coil,...i still dont get any spark,...ive checked to see if the dizzy is getting power and it is,..like i said before i even used a whole different distributor and i still cant get a spark,...im guessing my last option is to go out and buy a ignitor (ICM) ,...anyone else got any ideas?
Old 07-31-2004, 04:06 PM

Default Re: Getting No Spark (2.0 EK)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2.0 EK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im guessing my last option is to go out and buy a ignitor (ICM) ,...anyone else got any ideas?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ignitor isn't going to fix it, you said you tried another working distributor assembly and that didn't generate any spark.

This leads me to believe it is either a bad main relay or you're actually getting spark, but not checking for it correctly (please let us know which method you are using to check for spark) which would mean there is some other reason for it not starting (fuel or compression).

IMO I'd say try a main relay and a fresh set of plugs and double check that your firing order is correct 1-3-4-2 starting at the bottom left pole on the distributor and going clockwise.
Old 08-01-2004, 10:33 AM
New User

Default Re: Getting No Spark (RedlinedVTEC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RedlinedVTEC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Ignitor isn't going to fix it, you said you tried another working distributor assembly and that didn't generate any spark.

This leads me to believe it is either a bad main relay or you're actually getting spark, but not checking for it correctly (please let us know which method you are using to check for spark) which would mean there is some other reason for it not starting (fuel or compression).

IMO I'd say try a main relay and a fresh set of plugs and double check that your firing order is correct 1-3-4-2 starting at the bottom left pole on the distributor and going clockwise.</TD></TR></TABLE>

the method im using to check for spark is by removing one of my plugs (and all my plugs are brand new) and sticking it in the spark plug wire and holding it to a ground,...my firing order is correct,...but how would i go about checking the main relay to see if its bad or not?,...im also getting a code 15 which is ignition output signal,..one thing though is that the other distributor i used,...im not sure if it was working or not,..it belongs to a friend of mine who had just bought the stuff but hasnt installed it on his car yet so like i said,..i dont know if that other distributor was working