Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Fuel system won't hold a prime.

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 05:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fuel system won't hold a prime.

OK, car has a Walbro 255 low pressure pump, stock pressure line, B&M FPG and AFPR, 5/8 return line and the tiny hole in the AFPR mod to keep the walbro from over running the stock system and regulator. I have search the car from tank all the way back around to tank and there are 0 leaks, nowhere at all. I even pulled off the vacuum from the AFPR to get the pressure up and no leaks in the system.

The problem is, the second I turn the car off, the prime is gone. Fuel pressure goes back to 0 and I have to do two key cycles for the prime to fill the rail enough to start the car on the first try, otherwise I have to crank forever to get it to start. Once it starts, the car has a bit of air in the lines so I either have to rev it or let it idle for about 5 minutes to get the air out or it will bog when it gets under load. Other than that, car runs like a top. I have a Chiltons (can't find a Helms) and the fuel system sucks in that book so I don't know if there is a check valve in there I need to replace or what. If anyone has any ideas, let me know. Thanks.
Old 11-01-2005, 05:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Fuel system won't hold a prime. (Jay_Sensing)

Are your injectors running after the car is off? Are they leaking in to the intake manifold?
Old 11-01-2005, 05:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And that my friend, is a damn good question. The one spot I haven't thought of. What would be the procedure to check that?
Old 11-01-2005, 06:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (Jay_Sensing)

you could maybe hear if they were still on once the car was off! Or if you have an extra set throw them in! Or you could take you mani off...which would suck!