Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

fuel pump help......im stupid!

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2005, 01:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel pump help......im stupid!

about a month ago i put a new fuel pump in my hatch. while installing it i accidentally crushed the wire that goes to the pump.....after that i parked the car and started getting her ready for the turbo kit that had been collecting dust in my room. today i finally got the wire fixed and re-installed the pump using extra care not to damage that wiring. i wanted to test it out o see if it would work but it did not work. the car has a brand new main relay in it...maybe 4 months old. the pump is brand new, and i know the wiring is not jacked up this time.

right now my car is on jack stands with no tranny and the associated wires that hook up around the tranny are not hooked up (starter ****, grounds, ect) the grounds on the thermo housing are there. could my pump not be working because all that **** is not hooked up? also when i turn the ke to the on position...this is when the pump loads the line....the check engine light comes on and remains steady....when everything is working properly it would come on untill the pump stopped then it would go out. now it just stays on untill i turn the key off....

im clueless! i can pull a 1988 323 gt apart and put her back to gether with my eyes closed but this honda ****...even as old as it is....is all new to me. so what do you guys think? any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 09-18-2005, 01:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: fuel pump help......im stupid! (japan4racing)

how did you fix it? solder and heat shrink? it wouldnt matter about those grounds in the engine bay cause the fuel pump is wired in the body harness. i think maybe you wired something wrong. are you getting fuel?
Old 09-18-2005, 02:42 AM

Default Re: fuel pump help......im stupid! (e jay one)

i got a new wire for it...you cant really **** it up...its 2 wires a blue one for power..and a black one for ground. if you screw that up you dont need to be touching a car. after that its all plug and play. what about the install of a turbo timer...perhaps it has messed with my ign switch electrically. perhaps now when it gets to the on position the fuel pump does not get the signal???

im at a total loss here. i really dont understand whats going on with it. it kinda sucks cause the car will be done in a few weeks and i wont be able to drive it if i dont get this fixed.
Old 09-18-2005, 05:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I would just start at the punp and work twords the ig switch. try running 12v straightto the pump to make sure it comes on. Then work from there. Think about it. You obviously know whats supposed to happen when you trun the key and you told us that you know that power for the fp runs through the main relay. So get a test light and make sure you have power where you need it. It honestly sounds like something simple. Nothing really to say but check to make sure that everything that needs power is getting power. good luck.
Old 09-18-2005, 06:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: fuel pump help......im stupid! (japan4racing)

Did you check your fuses?