Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

anything "wrong" with Ebay seats?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 07:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anything "wrong" with Ebay seats?

i was thinking of buying GSR, ITR, or CTR seats then i realized..man they're ****** expensive!

so i hit up Ebay, king of all knockoffs...and i saw these: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...QrdZ1

anything wrong with ebay seats? cheap? low quality? i'll get made fun of on H-T?

'course, if anyone wants to sell me ITR or GSR seats for around 300 bucks i think we might have a deal... *checks out checking account*

i know they'll obviously fit, yes i did search
Old 09-15-2005, 07:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

buy them and ley me know.... they usually are cheap because they Kill u on shipping
Old 09-15-2005, 07:58 PM
Trial User

Default Re: anything "wrong" with Ebay seats? (hushypushy)

ive never seen a problem with them...
youre just not paying for the name when you buy ebay seats.
find out how much they weigh and if theyre under 25 pounds, id say do it...
Old 09-15-2005, 08:10 PM

Default Re: anything "wrong" with Ebay seats? (ROK801)

they look decent and not too bad on price... but i think you could find gsr fronts for that price my friend got his for like 350 mint condition comes out to almost the same you would spend on those cause of shipping and that stuff but if you do get them lemme know if you like them maybe i'll get sum
Old 09-15-2005, 08:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hmm well it comes out to be 358 including shipping, which isnt too bad for what you get. i checked their "official" site and the cost is actually 2 dollars more, the seats are 280 and shipping is 80

i emailed the seller and asked how much they weigh, then i checked the site and it said:

"Weight 20lbs."

zoinks! that's pretty light! we'll see if the seller ebay PMs me back with teh same amount though, heh.

i'm getting like 1000 bucks from SFSU's housing (a refund check actually) so i should have the money...just gotta decide if i want to spend it on seats...i do gotta buy food, pay rent/utilities ya know

edit: here's the link http://www.hunsakersports.com/...mid=5
Old 09-15-2005, 08:42 PM
Trial User

Default Re: (hushypushy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hushypushy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i'm getting like 1000 bucks from SFSU's housing (a refund check actually) so i should have the money...just gotta decide if i want to spend it on seats...i do gotta buy food, pay rent/utilities ya know [/url]</TD></TR></TABLE>

better buy some beers and your seats...
Old 09-15-2005, 09:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most "cheap" seats I've seen tend to be weak. I've seen "cheap" seats that I could physically push the back section almost down to the rear seats. Then again, they may be of solid quality. Just remember that the weight is for just the seat, the rails tend to add quite a few pounds.
Old 09-15-2005, 09:13 PM
Farts in the shower

Default Re: (Kendall)

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1371890

Those look to be pretty decent 'knockoffs' and the sellers reputation is pretty high NTM good prices. I will never buy off ebay again unless it is a 'real' part, but chances are I can find that real part cheaper.
Old 09-15-2005, 09:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (.ken)

Ive had a couple of ebay seats and if youre a ruff person with your interior (spills drinks constantly or has rough sex in front of the car) these seats are probably not for you. The fabric on my seats were faded within a month and started showing the common bolster wear that 13 year old honda seats have... in like 6 months.
Old 09-15-2005, 10:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

.ken: ehhh i dont know about those seats. they are the same price as the Hunsaker seats--and keep in mind that Hunsaker is a "real" brand, not a knockoff. furthermore, im not sure if this quote applies to all cars but it's disconcerting:

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you'll need to get aftermarket seat brackets or you can have the seats "custom" welded to your stock seat brackets. aftermarket seat brackets usually tend to raise your seats a few inches above stock so getting them custom welded to your stock seat brackets would be a good idea if you wanted them to feel stock.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i guess that's my concern with the Hunsaker seats too, i want them to be able to fit my car perfectly, ya know? i was hoping i'd make this post to see if anyone has tried it, i guess i might have to be the first...dammit i hate that feeling.

JOEY F.: what brand are they? im not too worried about that, now that i live in an apartment and am driving a "nice" honda, drinking, smoking, and ******* are all relegated to the house.

im not really concerned with the strength or the quality of these seats, really...they seem like a reputable company, although there is only one thread on HT about it: https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1245258 . im mostly concerned about how easily they'll fit in my car, i REALLY dont want to raise the seats at all (my head hits the ceiling when i sit up totally straight) and i dont want any hassle putting it in.
Old 09-16-2005, 12:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (.ken)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .ken &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> I will never buy off ebay again</TD></TR></TABLE>

**** ebay. **** paypal. All they do when you get scammed is bring out some hidden rule that you have to click 20 pgs, donate a pint of blood, radiate your DNA and sign away your dog to see.

I dont even trust the highly rated sellers unless its a Genuine part. Most buyers on there are idiots who give a great rating as soon as they get the box. Then on top of that ebay offers no way for buyers/sellers to update their feedback or add more than enough room to say 'this buyer sux ***' or 'great buyer, 'would do business with again'.

Are they close to you? Check and see if you can visit them in person, or if they have a previous buyer that you can visit in person to see the seats. It may be worth your time...
Old 09-16-2005, 12:49 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: (JOEY F.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JOEY F. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> The fabric on my seats were faded within a month and started showing the common bolster wear that 13 year old honda seats have... in like 6 months.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

word i had sparco torinos in my car for lik 4 months, no wear or fade at all, those were some pimp *** seats

knock off is cheaply unsafely made with the shittiest materials and craftsmenship availble, not to mention they look like ******* too
Old 09-16-2005, 03:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (itr#xxxxlives)

I'll say it too. The seats fade and the bolsters get torn up quickly. You can spend the money once and get some quality seats, or you can buy 5 pairs of those.
Old 09-16-2005, 05:41 AM

Default Re: (Ricey McRicerton)

they don't look that bad i only had one problem off ebay i ordered, a integra shiftknob and they gave me sum cheesey look alike shiftknob that didn't look anything like the one in the picture. other than that ebay has been good to me.
Old 09-16-2005, 05:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (honda011)

I saw a set of those seat at famoso up close and personal. They looked really nice but they were in a domestic car. I liked the way that they looked though.
Old 09-16-2005, 06:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I didnt click the link, but most of those after market seats require mounts and rails seperate.... or they want to you to have a set custom made.

So add on to you your total price an extra $200-350 for rails or custom fab. Your $350 just became $550-700. Id rather buy one good sparco/recaro/corbeau with mounts than two knock off styles that arn't approved for any safety specs and wont last more than 6 months.

Oh Yes, and if you park next to someone with a real set of your knockoffs the difference will be night and day from looks and feel.
Old 09-16-2005, 06:39 AM

from what i have been told they look great but they arnt all that comfertable. I was thinking the same thing, i think it would be worth it to go with some brand name seats and know that you get quality from a single buy rather than get cheap seats, waste money, and have a chance of being dissapointed.
Old 09-16-2005, 07:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anything "wrong" with Ebay seats? (psyonicdeath)

i had a set of ebay seats that I got for a great price and at the end I got rid of them because they felt cheap and flimsy. I mean everytime I reclined them I was afraid they were going to break.

That's just me personally, but I would stick with OEM (possibly del sol seats) or something that's made by a reputable company i.e sparco.
Old 09-16-2005, 08:49 AM

I bought some Integra LS seats for my 96 DX for $40 installed... sorry, just had to brag
Old 09-16-2005, 11:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

just a quick note for everyone that's talking about knockoff seats---Hunsaker is a real brand of seats. they arent Ebay seats. they arent knockoffs. they just arent as good as Sparco, Recaro, etc so they cost less. i could go to their online store and by directly off them (rather than off ebay).

.ken posted the knockoffs--those i dont want at all.

i was kind of hoping that someone else has used these seats, but that didnt really happen (only a couple people mentioned that they actually used these).

and i can use my stock seat rails on these, right?
Old 09-16-2005, 11:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i think you would need to ask the manufacturer about rail fitment.

also note that the general theory continues over from "style" to low end seats. The material is not the same quality as the more expensive brands, and the build is generally not the same as well. APC, for example, makes cheaper racing seats and they they just dont last. Tenzo R is another company where the quality suffers and shows in a short period of time.

You have to ask why are they $XXX less than the other guys, what are they doing different to get those costs down.

Lastly, I would recomend you sit in the seat for a few minutes to see how they feel. I wouldnt buy a seat without sitting in it first.
Old 09-16-2005, 01:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Vero)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Vero &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Lastly, I would recomend you sit in the seat for a few minutes to see how they feel. I wouldnt buy a seat without sitting in it first.</TD></TR></TABLE>

well, that's probably the main reason that i have in the cons list for not dropping my 360 bucks to these guys--i just dont know how they feel.

at least if i had CTR recaros and they felt like crap i could look cool
Old 09-16-2005, 01:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Buy some del slows for $100-$200.
Cheap, cumfy, look good, oem quality, and they sit really low in your car so you won't have to hit your head on the roof anymore.

I remember like a year ago...
Any thread about seats resulted in 234987987x reply's to get delslows. Now Im the first tard to say it. Wierd how things change in a year.
Old 09-16-2005, 02:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mwieczorek43)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mwieczorek43 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Buy some del slows for $100-$200.
Cheap, cumfy, look good, oem quality, and they sit really low in your car so you won't have to hit your head on the roof anymore.

I remember like a year ago...
Any thread about seats resulted in 234987987x reply's to get delslows. Now Im the first tard to say it. Wierd how things change in a year. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 09-16-2005, 02:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mwieczorek43)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...QrdZ1

you mean something like that? good lord those are ugly.

for that, i'd keep my Si seats, kthx.

what i REALLY want are RSX-S seats, but i know those are too expensive. if anyone is somehow insane enough to sell type S seats for less than 400 let me know

i just wanted something either leather (GSR seats) or sexy (ITR) or racing-type (like the hunsakers)...seems like it's gonna be either way expensive, or way crappy.

Quick Reply: anything "wrong" with Ebay seats?