Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

friends CAR impounded, my ZEX still in his car!!! HELP

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 04:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default friends CAR impounded, my ZEX still in his car!!! HELP

so i sold my old CRX to someone my neigbhor knows back in DEC. about 4 months after i found out he was selling it back out so my FRIEND bought it. I put it under NON-OPERATIONAL to the DMV before i sold the car...

the car isn't in a running condition so i park it on the street right next door to my house. 1 week or soo later the police comes and impound the car for being a "NON-OP on the public streets" i ask him if i can just push it back up my drive way(15ft back) and he said "NO its been here too long".

now they send my dad the notice that the crx is towwed.(none of the 2 owners registered it yet, maybe due to smog).. now my question is...

is there a way to get my ZEX nitrous kit out the car while its in the impound?? or nething off the car that's attached?(rims,seats,bars?)

oh yeah and there WAS no steering wheel when they towed it..maybe they'd think different of the car?? like a JUNK???

breaking it down..

WHAT HAPPENED: friends car impound for being "non-op" on public streets

PROBLEM: my ZEX nitrous is still hooked up in the car, and i want it OUT

HELP!!

BTW its in a EG forum because i was planning to put the ZEX in my EG
Old 08-11-2005, 05:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: With my POS D15B2, Whereever whenever, United States
Default Re: friends CAR impounded, my ZEX still in his car!!! HELP (gotriceboy05)

NO WAY whatsoever that you can do about it.
I say this because I remember when my car was stolen, the people at the yard are hesitant for you to take anything because of insurance purposes.
Sorry but you got screwed, and are partly to balme for because you should have kept it on your property
Old 08-11-2005, 05:20 PM

Default Re: friends CAR impounded, my ZEX still in his car!!! HELP (MugenHonda)

yea man, I don't think they're going to let you in there. and I think it's REAL gay that the cop wouldn't let you push your car into the driveway, what an asshat
Old 08-11-2005, 06:11 PM

Default Re: friends CAR impounded, my ZEX still in his car!!! HELP (gotriceboy05)

You may be able to get the car if you pay the towing and impound fee's thats about the only way you'll get it back. Here they dont let you take anything out of the car under any circumstances. They let you take your personal effects before they tow it at least but thats about it.
Old 08-11-2005, 06:20 PM

Default Re: friends CAR impounded, my ZEX still in his car!!! HELP (nocturnaldragon)

Break into the tow lot geeze! Why didn't anyone else make that suggestion. Its not really stealing since its your property. I'd go steal back my own **** if someone wouldnt let me get to it.
Old 08-11-2005, 06:25 PM
NooB

na your out of luck you cant get nothing out of it.
Old 08-11-2005, 07:18 PM

1. not my fault , i had keys to get into the car so it couldnt move it even before the cops came

2. NOT MY CAR, so how is it partly my blame for if its not on my property
Old 08-11-2005, 07:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gotriceboy05 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
2. NOT MY CAR, so how is it partly my blame for if its not on my property</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gotriceboy05 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
now they send my dad the notice that the crx is towwed.(none of the 2 owners registered it yet, maybe due to smog)..
</TD></TR></TABLE>

hmmm... who sent u the notice? looks like the law thinks its still your car...

i'd be more worried about having to pay the fines... (i was in the same situation, except i was the guy who bought the car and didn't register it )
Old 08-11-2005, 07:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

**** the police, go memphis raines style
Old 08-11-2005, 07:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: friends CAR impounded, my ZEX still in his car!!! HELP (cant think of one)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cant think of one &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Break into the tow lot geeze! Why didn't anyone else make that suggestion.</TD></TR></TABLE>
yea do it.....

hey looky here.....shes a brick......... duh duh duh house